$209
$219
$187
HolidayInn.com
Holiday Inn Express Asheville(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$189
HIExpress.com
$199
Hampton.com
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$234
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
$169
Country Inn
Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$299
Sleep Inn Asheville - Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$104
SleepInn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$139
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$444
$289
  • Pool
All reviewsfree earplugsquiet hoursshower arealight sleeperbunk roomspacious kitchenprivacy curtainsnight owlexperience stayingkey cardfantastic locationparking garagelate at nightsinksbrewerynoisevaluables
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

All in all, sweet peas hostel has all the amenities of a good backpacker or travelling hostel that you'd expect; plenty of showers, nice communal bathrooms, clean and spacious kitchen, living area and a good mix of dorm bunks, private bunks and rooms. However, their check-in policy is strange, unclear and unfriendly. I arrived solo on a greyhound at the fairly early hour of 8:30am, aware that check-in was not until 3 but under the assumption that I could at the very least drop off my large luggage whilst I kill time around town. When I arrived at the door, I was met with the voice of a security person over intercom who said they couldn't allow me in the building, which was disappointing but fair enough coming from someone who is only employed for the security side of things. I was told to come back after 9:15 and check with a staff member. So I waited, sent an e-mail, waited some more, and then returned to the hostel to be met with an even less friendly gentleman over intercom (this time a proper member of staff) who said they couldn't even allow me to drop off my bag, giving little explanation and no apology. Being shooed away at the door over intercom is not how I'd expect a reserved guest at an accommodation to ever be welcomed, at a hotel, hostel or otherwise. Thankfully, after sending another e-mail a helpful woman named Ashley said that of course I could drop off my luggage, and apologised for the rudeness of the other man. I think for future reference all members of staff should be aware of this as a need for some guests before check-in, as the initial welcome made me pretty uncomfortable throughout my entire stay.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
SweetPeasHostel, Manager at Sweet Peas Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

I am so sorry that this whole scenario occurred. The gentleman who greeted you on the intercom is no longer apart of our staff. He was wrong to not permit you luggage storage, he actually did not even finish out his shift that day.. As a traveler myself I understand the importance of luggage storage, and I am embarrassed he did not give you the option as we specify that we provide that amenity. I apologize that this experience filtered into the rest of your stay. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Every night I stayed there, a new, rude guest kept me up. I had someone try to get in my bunk with me, someone woke me up to apologize for waking me up and then proceeded to puke everywhere, and the staff did not care that any of his went down. Worst experience ever! I felt unsafe, disrespected, and upset when I left.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Amelia Y

I am so sorry you did not have a good experience. This is the first I am hearing of this incident. I spoke to the gentleman the morning you checked out and we got everything settled, however, no one brought the details of the situation to my attention. Had we would of been aware we absolutely would have addressed the situation as it was occurring. We do everything we can to make people feel safe and I am disappointed to read this. I will meet with my staff immediately so this does not occur again. Thank you for taking the time to let us know, we appreciate your feedback. We do hope you give us another shot as this is a very uncommon scenario.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

Pros: good location, attractive interior
Cons: super loud at night - I could not sleep, way overpriced, fellow hostel-guests were rude (although I guess that is just luck of the draw)
Overall, I would not recommend staying here. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
asheff2, Manager at Sweet Peas Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2017

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know, we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

Pros: location, cleanliness, staff were helpful and kind, one even offered to help with my bags. Communal seating area means it's easy to start talking to new people. Lots of parking nearby.

Cons: there's a weird atmosphere. When I arrived at 5pm it was ridiculously quiet, I found myself creeping around as if it was late at night. I think this is probably down to the layout and the fact that there are no doors and the walls don't reach the ceiling.

Things to note: the dorms are mixed.
Also I can sleep through just about anything but if you're a light sleeper you'll probably struggle here due to noise on the street/bar below and the layout of the hostel.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
asheff2, Manager at Sweet Peas Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

Thank you for the review, we appreciate the time you have taken and the feedback you have given us!

Reviewed June 20, 2017

Kind and accommodating staff who are always friendly! Great location and price! I've been returning here for years during dozens of trips to Asheville. I couldn't be happier with my stays. The night staff does their best to keep it as quiet and comfortable as possible, but understands the night owls as well. Located above Lexington Ave Brewery is a plus as well!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
SweetPeasHostel, Manager at Sweet Peas Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We really appreciate and look forward to your next visit!