“Perfect cabin!”
other travelers have booked this property
Welcome home.
Spring is glorious and green at Creekstone Cabin! perfect for planning the day's activities and relaxing  in the evenings.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Welcome home.
Spring is glorious and green at Creekstone Cabin!
perfect for planning the day's activities and relaxing  in the evenings.
Living area with narrow spiral staircase leading to the loft with vaulted ceiling.
Cozy dining nook.
Bluetooth surround sound stereo, movie library, & high speed wireless internet.
Sleep at tree canopy height in the loft with queen size bed. Please mind your head ceiling is 6' max
Loft dressing area.
Downstairs bedroom with full size bed.  Open the window and fall asleep to the sounds of the creek.
Well equipped kitchen had all your basic cooking & baking needs; just add food!
The kitchen is small but has everything you need without the clutter.
Modern and well lit bathroom with shower/tub combo.
The moss-covered back yard with path leading into the Pisgah National Forest.
Be lulled to sleep by the sounds of Wayah Branch Creek running behind the cabin.
Natural landscaped yard with native flowers & plants.
Day lilies in the yard celebrate and greet you on summer days.
Creekstone Cabin - a rustic gem
Enjoy evenings on this amazing deck; grill, relax and  connect with nature.
Summer evenings at Creekstone Cabin.
Read a book, watch the birds, and listen to the creek; unwind.
Enjoy summer afternoons relaxing on the deck listening to the creek, reading a book or grilling out.
View from the natural landscaped front yard.
Fall color at Creekstone Cabin.
Fall color in the Blue Ridge Mountains, 4 miles from the cabin.
Fall leaves
Creekstone Cabin covered in 18 inch blanket of pure white.  Jan 22, 2016
Winter wonderland at Creekstone Cabin.
Gently falling snow magically transforms the cabin and forest.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect cabin!”
Reviewed February 8, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

This adorable cabin was perfect for my husband and I on our big celebratory trip. It was far enough away from town to feel like your in the mountains, but close enough to easily zip down for the fun to be had in Asheville. John was so helpful with the whole process!

Feb 9, 2017
Thank you, Elise!
I'm glad the two of you had a wonderful time at my cabin. We hope to host you on your next trip to the Asheville area.
Best regards,
John
Dean L
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
“The Cabin Met All of our Expectations”
Reviewed December 21, 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

We so thoroughly enjoyed our time at the cabin. It is stocked with everything you can imagine. The location is perfect for exploring the Pisgah forest; you are minutes away from the Blue Ridge Parkway. And conveniently located to Asheville and other surrounding towns. Loved the amenities of Wi-Fi and Netflix and a basket filled to the brim of tourist information. If it had been a different time of year, we would have taken advantage of the hiking trails just behind the cabin. The cabin owner and the caretaker are very attentive to your needs.

You won't regret choosing this cabin for your stay!

Your age range 50-64
Dec 22, 2016
Thank you, Val! I'm happy that you had a great time. Hiking is plentiful close to the cabin and early June is my favorite time to hike the area, just before the summer crowds arrive. Thank you for taking great care of my home during your visit and we'd love to have you come back.
Reviewed November 30, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Dec 5, 2016
Dan & Jen,
Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad you had a great time at my cabin. We'd love to have you back!
Joekrys
North Chicago, Illinois
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY WITH ONE EXCEPTION.”
Reviewed October 13, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

As many (most) of the other reviews have said, this is a charming, quiet, well decorated cabin and has everything you could ask for to make your stay a delightful experience. However, I have not given the cabin a perfect review for two reasons.
The first is the master bedroom, which is located in a loft above the main living area. While it is charming it's not suitable for anyone over 6 foot tall. I'm 6'3" tall and if I attempted to sleep in this room I would have to duck everywhere I walked and would have probably hit my head each time I got out of bed. Even my wife who is only 5'6" tall had to make sure she walked down the center of the room!
The second thing I didn't like about the cabin is the steel spiral staircase to the master bedroom. It was very narrow to navigate, especially if you have big feet, and also something you wouldn't want to go up and down in the middle of the night. You also had to use caution when leaving the kitchen so you didn't hit your head, as the stair case is very close to the door opening.
In closing it was hard not to give this cabin a better review, but I felt future guests should be aware of the above drawbacks before making their reservations.

Oct 29, 2016
Joe-
Thank you for your honest review. I had changed and added new photos earlier this year, deleting some of the older ones without realizing the replacements did not show the spiral staircase. For the upstairs, the caption on the picture does state the clearance is low. However, I should have done a better job on clearly stating that in the narrative describing my cabin.
To avoid future issues of the same nature, I have updated this listing with more photos and narrative that specifically addresses the staircase and loft. It troubles me that I did not meet your expectations and take full responsibility. I hope you will accept my apologies about the unwelcome surprises the stairwell and loft presented during your stay.
Mamasharo...
“I left my heart at Creekstone Cabin!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

STOP! THIS is definitely the cabin you want! Creekstone cabin is an adorable, well maintained,VERY clean cabin which sits right in front of a beautiful, bubbling creek.The back yard has hiking paths that lead to some of the most gorgeous scenery you can imagine!! Creekstone is a peaceful and serene escape, yet close enough to many fun and exciting activities. My boys and I spent our days hiking, exploring downton Asheville, visiting sliding rock natural water slide, white water rafting,and even gem mining!! Evenings were spent grilling on the spacious deck,listening to the sounds of the creek, and enjoying the amazing sights of nature around us. Once inside for the night, we watched DVDs from the owner,John's, impressive collection. Speaking of John, he is awesome to deal with! Very friendly, quick to respond to all questions, he graciously offers information on things to see and do in the area, and definitely makes sure you feel at home during your stay! I HIGHLY recommend renting Creekstone Cabin! You WILL NOT be disappointed!!

Sep 26, 2016
Thank you for the glowing review, Sharon! I'm glad that you and your boys had a wonderful stay at Creekstone Cabin. I'd love to have you back again!
Jessielei...
“By far one of the best get aways we've been to.”
Reviewed September 15, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

It was truly a great experience and I highly recommend staying here. When it came time for us to leave we did not want to. We contemplated calling and see if we could stay another night.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Sep 16, 2016
Thank you, Jessie.
Glad that you had a wonderful stay. We'd love to have you join the Creekstone Cabin family of repeat guests!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Ideal Location for Enjoying and Exploring all of what Western North Carolina has to Offer.”
Reviewed August 18, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

The cabin is so wonderful. All the comforts one could ask for. Super clean and well supplied. Situated in the Hominy Valley Near Asheville, It was close to a grocery, restaurants and pubs. However, it backed up to Mt. Pisgha so it was remote at the same time. I loved the fact that the cabin was only 20 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway. This will be my first choice in lodging for future excursions to the Asheville area.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The deck
Liked least: The spiral staircase
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aug 20, 2016
We're so glad you had a wonderful stay and that the cabin was everything you hoped it would be. We look forward to you joining our family of repeat guests!
-John
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing