“Fascinating history and unique shops”
Review of Grove Arcade

Grove Arcade
Ranked #24 of 191 things to do in Asheville
Asheville, North Carolina
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fascinating history and unique shops”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Grove Arcade feature beautiful architecture, unique (though expensive) shops, and a truly fascinating history. It's definitely worth a walk-through.

Visited November 2013

• Korean first
Asheville, North Carolina
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Building needs upkeep”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The historical building needs a lot of up keep on the outside .The restrooms on the west side of the building were not very clean .There are some very nice stores on the inside but not as many as you would think to be a shopping mall .The outside resturants are very nice .We visited the new Thai Resturant the lady there was very rude and very unprofessional as she was rude needless to say we won't visit that restaurant again .However we went down the street and found a lovely restaurant called Modesto was simply great ,we had the best waitress and a wonderful owner who came out greet his people it was great and has the best food I have ate in a long time I plan on coming back to eat there soon .There are also suppose to be guards there patrolling I sat outside Carols bakery a very lovely place I was there eating a piece of pumpkin cake which is a must try again was so good the whole time I was there I saw people rides their bikes on the side walks and there was not a guard to be seen in 2 hours ..Carmel"s was a very dark place but has outside tables to sit at .The outside the side walks need to be clean and theoutside of the building is chipping .I will go back to a few resturants to eat but not the new Thai where they were so rude .

Sarasota
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Expensive, but really cool Terrariums”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The majority of the shops and restaurants in the grove arcade were too expensive for my budgeted wallet, however there is one spot that you definitely should visit: There is a man selling his hand made terrariums at one of the stands outside of the Grove Arcade, which were all beautiful to look at and reasonably priced. The man selling them was very kind and both my friend and I really enjoyed talking to him, as he was quirky and friendly. Definitely worth a visit just to see him and get a terrarium.

4 Thank nat1124
Chicago, Il
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Lots of food options”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Interesting old building with a bunch of restaurants at its base. I wouldn't make a special trip out of it or anything, but if you're in down town Asheville, its worth walking by.

San Francisco, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Definitely worth visiting”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

A beautifully restored old building in the heart of Asheville. We found plenty of shopping to keep us occupied, including; a yarn shop with some beautiful yarns and knitted goods, with women spinning yarn just outside; an artisan craft shop with truly creative wood carvings, imaginative ornaments and jewelry; a furniture store where we found a wood birdhouse carved to look like a crow and some beautiful glass vases; a clothing store with felted wool clothing and purses. My husband found a bookstore and coffee shop where he could pass the time while we shopped. An outside vendor sold us a handmade, stuffed toy.