“Books and wine, two favorites!”

Battery Park Book Exchange and Champagne Bar
Ranked #3 of 112 Shopping in Asheville
Atlanta, GA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Books and wine, two favorites!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We read about this on Trip Advisor prior to our trip and knew that we had to visit. It was busy but not so much that we had to wait for service. My husband and I both had something bubbly (can't remember if it was Prosecco or Champagne) but it felt so decadent to be hanging out in a book store sipping alcohol. We switched to coffee beverages afterwards and left shortly after that purchase.
The only drawback I could see is that they could use more than only two bathrooms judging by the traffic.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
St. Augustine, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Funky, fun and great wine!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Battery Park Book Exchange & Champagne Bar not only sells rare and used books, but 80 different wines by the glass including champagne and sparkling wine. The decor is very 1930's, the staff is friendly and fun, and they allow folks to bring their dogs (well behaved ones, only) into the shop/bar. My husband had a very nice Verdicchio and I had a few Bellinis. A great place in the afternoon to sit, sip and relax. They have some food, including a cheese plate - but the main focus is on the wine. We really enjoyed it and hope you will, too! The vibe is very Asheville funky - but in a town where they sell t-shirts that say "Asheville, let's keep it weird" - what else would you expect? They are located in the historic Grove Arcade.

Jacksonville, Florida
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 394 helpful votes
“Wow!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

What a place. We have a home in Waynesville. We always drive over to the Battery to have some great wine and find some long sought books. Try the cheese plate. Great! If you don't visit this venue and the shop you will regret it.

1 Thank nole38
Knoxville, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“and Champagne bar!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a fabulous place to stop on a beautiful afternoon, sip a glass of champagne, enjoy cheese and crackers (very low priced for the quantity) The atmosphere is great Gatsby, the drinks were flowing, the fun and laughter was catagious. Will be a must stop for every future trip!

Cary, North Carolina
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Seemed like a really hip, happening place.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I think I would have spent hours here, except we were on our way to Raleigh. This place had an eclectic look and feel and had a treasure trove of used and new books alike. My daughter got a kick out of the old chapter books in the kids section and I found a few used books that I purchased as well. I do not know much about the pricing of old books, but some of these books just felt and looked like treasures. All good reads too. There were a lot of people reading, studying and congregating. Seemed like a really hip, happening place.

Visited August 2012