“If you like Books and Champagne this is for you!”

Battery Park Book Exchange and Champagne Bar
Ranked #3 of 126 Shopping in Asheville
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Definitely a 'must visit place' when in Asheville!
Easy to find near the Grove Arcade in the historic district, you can rest and relax awhile from sight seeing, although surrounded by books of all categories, both upstairs and downstairs.
Added bonus: it's pet friendly!

All reviews
"grove arcade"
in 31 reviews
"book selection"
in 9 reviews
"great selection of books"
"love wine"
"for sale"
in 7 reviews
"food tour"

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Wonderful, knowledgeable staff, relaxed atmosphere. One of my favorite "must do" places in Asheville. The wine list is fantastic, with something for everyone and bartenders who offer samples of anything you wish to try but are unsure on ordering. Many, many rare books, and plenty of private nooks for perusing them.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

What a great concept! Husband & I were in Asheville for a destination wedding. Walking through the square on our way to exploring downtown, I noticed the sign "Books & Champagne" and wondered, "is that for real?" Sure enough. We later strolled in for a late evening snack and glass of delicious wine. The wine list was just fine for us "not-wine-snobs" and the champagne list was interesting. I loved this place--great setup with cozy alcoves and open areas of seating, surrounded by stacks or shelves of books, coffee tables, pleasant staff, good lighting, unique offerings of used books and I think some nuewspapaers. The list of tapas/snacks/light bites offered just enough to choose. I found it so relaxing and such a pleasant experience, this could be my retirement dream job!! Let's continue to support local, small business.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

On the corner of the world's first mall, Grove Arcade, sits a unique book store. Two stories of old, rare books tucked into nooks and open sitting areas with fine furniture. Battery Park Book Exchange is dog friendly and I have spent hours almost daily enjoying fine wine and good conversation with like minded patrons. I never go anywhere without my "buddy" Jonsey so when I think about where I want to spend some time, I naturally go to Battery Park.
Confortable surroundings, books, wine and my dog under my chair; What more could you ask for?

1  Thank Rob W