“Friendly hangout featuring local craft beers”
Review of Universal Joint

Universal Joint
Ranked #169 of 788 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Friendly hangout featuring local craft beers”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I went here with two Asheville friends who live a half mile away and frequent this place. There are regular specials on craft beers, many of them local. Asheville is a microbrew mecca, so it is very hard NOT to find great beer and atmosphere in town. The UJ is in West Asheville, hip but less monied and lower keyed than the Grove Park area. The crowd is mostly young, and families bring kids here for dinner. The feeling is very relaxed. I had the Sierra Nevada Tumbler (brown ale) and a Great Divide stout. We skipped dinner because we were eating at my friends' house, but they state the food is good in general and UJ is known for is tater tots.

• Visited August 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
“Fun & Funky!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We enjoyed the U-Joint for the first time this past Saturday. I am a wing fanatic, and these were some of the best I have tasted. Usually, when I ask my husband how his meal is (anywhere), his response is a bit of a lip curl and then an "Okay." This night, he said, "Good!"

For my dinner, I chose the fish tacos and found them delightful. I had a choice of chips and salsa, or other starchy substitutions that I am sure were great as well.

The service was worthy of 5 Stars! Our server had the class and efficiency of a well-seasoned waiter, and were it not for the gas station atmosphere, I would swear I was eating at the Ritz. He was amazing!

This is a fun little place to go for a night of great pub food and a more than adequate draught beer selection. Based on my one experience, I would safely recommend this to anyone visiting the area. U-won't be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphi, PA
“Great Burgers!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a Gas Station/Garage turned restaurant with lots of interesting beers and burgers. They also have quite a few Mexican dishes. Indoor and Outdoor seating is available and this is located in a neighborhood just outside of Asheville.

Visited July 2013
Morganton, North Carolina
“Fried Chicken”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Cool place with cool vibe and great outdoor space. Food is well prepared and service was excellent. Great selection of beers and wines. Only downside is parking, but well worth riding a loop or two until you find a spot.

Visited July 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Loved the Smoked Trout Reuben!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Would go again and get the same thing. I don't like thousand isl. dressing and the kitchen put it on inadvertently. No problem with them fixing it, but since everyone else at my table had started eating it would have been a nice gesture to comp something. Beware if you get the side spinach salad it comes loaded with chopped red onion.

• Visited May 2013