“Nothing special”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The burgers were nice, I had the Cheeseburger and my husband had the Smokehouse. But they weren't to die for. Of course they were better than wendy's, etc. The meat was good.
Our waitress wasn't very thoughtful. I didn't get any attention, although I needed napkins and a soda refill.
It also lacked a parking lot.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've been here several times and it's always the first place I stop when I visit Asheville. We always sit at the bar...the food is always great and the service is friendly and efficient! Pretty much everything on the menu is good. The homemade veggie burger is to die for...none of those per-made patties here! I tried the homemade Black bean burger with chipotle mayo this time and it was great, although I do like the veggie burger better. The tater tots are yummy, as are the tilapia tacos. We had the sopa del mar soup of the day and it was like a little mini boullibase...so yummy! Lots of microbrews on tap that always change and good specials of the day.

It's housed in an old mechanic's garage, so the atmosphere is funky, industrial, and open. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Good taps, better than average pub food, outdoor seating, family friendly. UJ was an instant success filling a void in West Asheville's pub scene

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We just ate at Universal Joint for the first time and were blown away by the burgers. They're awesome! My new all-time-favorite. It was so nice to sit outside on the patio, watch the traffic go by and visit with the folks at nearby tables. Service was good, food was excellent and, as a bonus, it's dog friendly. We'll be back often!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Satisfying experience at a table of multiple generations: something for everyone. We were able to sit off at the end of a space where the noise was not too much and we were not straining to hear each other.