“Sunday brunch”
Review of The Blackbird

The Blackbird
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blackbird is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 829 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Ashton St
Description: The Blackbird located downtown Asheville, NC has a beautiful modern handcrafted interior while featuring modern cuisine. Locally sourced farm to table and changing with the seasons. Local family owned and operated. Great bar, beautiful lighting, cozy seating - the perfect spot!
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We decided on black bird after walking over to tupelos only to be greeted with a 45 minute wait. We were staying at aloft hotel (the restaurant is located directly under/next to it) and when we walked by the open air dining seemed very elegant and enticing. We were further drawn in when the sidewalk sign offered $1 mimosas. We were sat and given water immediately. We had about a 5 minute wait time before someone different approached us to take our drink order. We ordered the mimosas and french press coffee. We were told 2 minutes later that they couldn't serve the mimosas until noon and it was not even 11 yet. So some false advertising there... then it was another 5 minutes before we were asked for our food order. We still weren't quite sure who our actual server was until she brought the French press out (which was fantastic btw). We proceeded to order the lobster eggs Benedict and blueberry french toast. They came quickly and were phenomenal. My wife let me have a bite of the lobster eggs Benedict and it was the best eggs Benedict I have ever tried. The blueberry french toast was good. Not too sweet but had a little too much cream filling for my taste. I rounded out the meal with a side of poached egg and bacon. The pictures are attached. One of the best breakfasts we have had. Period. Didn't expect to spend $50 on breakfast but it was worth it and kept us full til dinnertime.

Food 5/5
Service 4/5
Atmosphere 5/5
Cost $$$

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Great dinning place not sure why it's not in the top 30 of Asheville. Great flavorful food beautifully presented great service.

Interesting parings and wonderful cocktails.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Living in Asheville is wonderful and we have so many great restaurants to try. The Blackbird is definitely one we will visit again. I had the seafood special with risotto and my husband had the ribeye. We both enjoyed our meals very much but made sure to save room for dessert. Both the coconut cake and banana pudding were very good. The service was a little slow, looks like they could use more help. The only problem for us was they keep the doors open and we had flies to deal with but it wasn't a huge issue. There are also no blinds on the windows so when the sun is setting you might need sunglasses. It's a fun place to have a really good dinner and people watch since it's on a very busy corner in downtown Asheville. Give it a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My friends took me to dinner at the Blackbird, so I don't know about the prices. But the food was delicious, and the place is very nice looking. What I remember most was the incredible chocolate cake. To die for! The only down side was the coffee, which was so weak that I complained to the waiter. I wasn't given better coffee, but we weren't charged for the one I'd been given.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

On recommendation from the Renaissance front desk, this was a very good meal. The traditional iceberg wedge salad was perfectly executed. One of the specials was fresh fish (trout, I think?) and was delicious, as were the sides. We enjoyed being at big, open sidewalk windows on a mild summer evening (except when smokers walked by).
The bar gets two thumbs up for stocking more than one n.a. beer. Only the second time I've been able to enjoy a German weiss beer in 10+ years, really a great option!