“If you want a fun, interesting, and informative tour of Asheville, this is it!”

Ghost Hunters of Asheville
Ranked #29 of 64 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Three separate 90-minute ghost tours cover different aspects of historical, haunted Asheville. The exclusive interactive downtown tour features use of ghost-hunting equipment. Historical Montford’s architectural beauty and stunning landscapes serve as backdrop for hunting ghostly specters. Riverside Cemetery beckons to those who dare enter and commingle with the ghosts of eras past.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I took my three children on this tour on July 2, 2010. When the tour group gathered in the hotel lobby, the tour guide asked the group if anyone was dragged there asked their will. Of course, my 14 year old daughter raised her hand. The tour guide asked her if she liked ghosts. My daughter said, "No!" Then the tour guide asked her if she liked history. Again, my daughter said, "No!" The tour guide said hopefully, there would be something for her on the tour. After the tour was over, I asked my daughter if she thought the tour was interesting, and to my surprise, my daughter said, "Yeah, and you know what! ...It could have been longer!" So soon after the tour, my daughter was on the phone telling all her friends about the tour. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. It was a mix of ghost stories and history. And we even got 4 very strange photographs! This was a great tour!

Reviewed July 3, 2010

Our family wound up finishing earlier at The Biltmore than we had anticipated, and I wound up sitting in our hotel trying to find something fun to do. I found Ghost Hunters of Asheville on tripadvisor.com, and thought it would be something really fun and different to do. Traveling with a teenager is sometimes a challenge, and I thought that the combination of having a history buff husband and a teenager this just might be the perfect evening adventure. WE LOVED IT! Great stories about the history of Asheville, great fun with the paranormal theories (both believers and skeptics will enjoy this) and a fun walk through an interesting and eclectic city all added up to one big WIN for us. Thanks so much for the fun and memorable evening, Pepper!

1  Thank Betsy H
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My name is Chelsea and I went on the ghost tour with my aunt on Friday May the 14th. It was the best ghost tour I have ever been on! Unfortunately since I had a disposible camera and had to send it to Wallgreens to get it developed the guy behind the counter didn't print them all off. So if you do bring a disposible camera make sure when you get it developed to let the person know you want all of the pics back. The tour itself was amazing! The emf detectors lit up in certain areas and the tour guide gave tons of information but it definately wasn't dry or boring! :) Too many times I've been on ghost tours where the people don't make the tours interesting and the just spew facts and information out and it's really impersonal but this tour is by the far the best I've ever been on. The divining rods were the best though. At fist I was alittle skeptical about them because I'd never used one before and thought that it would be easy to manipulate them yourself but that is definately not the case. The first 30 or so minutes of the tour my diving rods didn't do anything but once we got to one location they started moving around and hardly ever stopped! :) It was the coolest thing ever! Definately wear your walking shoes! The tour guide said that some of the other tour guides would take you to a certain location and tell you it's haunted when the area might actually not be. Hopefully one day I can come on this ghost tour again! :) Thanks for the great time Deb! :)

1  Thank ponylegs89
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Sigh. For 90 minutes, you are walked around downtown Asheville and told stories of famous people/buildings/events. Throughout the tour you are overwhemingly encouraged to take photos (only flash photos- photos without flashes apparently do not show "ghosts") in certain windows and areas of buildings. Then you compare photos with the people in your group. You do this over and over and over for 90 minutes. Apparently these people believe you can capture spirits that manifest as glowing "orbs" in photos. Just FYI, when 20 people are all flashing their cameras at the same building, you will get photos of their flashes. Ugh, this was a total waste as a "ghost tour". The guide knew lots of cool history, but this was NOT a ghost tour. Or maybe it is, if taking a bunch of photos and comparing them for circles of light, is a ghost tour!

3  Thank chowchow27
Reviewed May 24, 2010

If you are in the Asheville area and are a ghost enthusiast, take this tour! Deb and her team will guide you through all the hot spots of activity in one of the most haunted cities in the US. This week will be the third time I am taking a tour with them, I have always gotten some GREAT photos including a free floating apparition! The tour is great for history buffs as well, the guides are extremely well versed regarding the history of the places you visit. There are other tours in Asheville, but this one is by far the best AND most affordable! You will not be disappointed!!

1  Thank WelshCorgiDogs