“A Wonderful Asheville Adventure!”

Ghost Hunters of Asheville
Ranked #28 of 66 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Three separate 90-minute ghost tours cover different aspects of historical, haunted Asheville. The exclusive interactive downtown tour features use of ghost-hunting equipment. Historical Montford’s architectural beauty and stunning landscapes serve as backdrop for hunting ghostly specters. Riverside Cemetery beckons to those who dare enter and commingle with the ghosts of eras past.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Our Ghost Meters flashed like the Christmas lights of downtown Asheville during our interactive tour with Ghost Hunters on December 22. Underground cables, street lights, and trolley lines explain some of the high EMF readings…but not all of them, and the blue orbs in a handful of our photos are not dust motes or nasal spray. The divining rods that repelled in my hands still have me scratching my head. Whether the experience was normal or paranormal, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the tour—it became too real for our 11-year-old son who loves watching Ghost Lab and Ghost Hunters so he and I returned to the hotel—and our guide Deb was friendly, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable and helped us make a wonderful memory. We highly recommend Ghost Hunters of Asheville.

2  Thank Bulfytr
All reviews
"dowsing rods"
in 13 reviews
"great tour"
in 15 reviews
"our tour guide"
in 15 reviews
"recommend taking this tour"
"spooky stories"
"city's history"
in 4 reviews
"beautiful homes"
in 2 reviews
"wear your walking shoes"
"history lesson"
in 30 reviews
"downtown"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed December 31, 2009

Our guide Deb was very knowledgeable and full of stories on the Asheville Ghost Hunters Tour. I came away from this experience not only with some amazing paranormal photos but a new knowledge of the history of downtown Asheville. This tour was informative, fun, and sent chills up my spine. Forget the trolley tours and hoof it. Using the EMF reader and dousing rods was exciting and they really worked! You've seen TAPS and Ghost Hunters on TV, now go experience it!

2  Thank NCCowboy
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I love haunted tours and we do them whenever we travel. There was a new tour in Asheville this trip! We have been on other tours and, if the guide isn't interested, no one else is either. Our guide on this tour was amazing! She was really into the stories and the history and there was never a dull moment. They also supplied equipment to try to pick up paranormal activity, which was really fun. I would recomment this tour to anyone traveling to Asheville.

2  Thank Raven7777
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This was the best ghost/history tour I have been on. Would recommend it to anybody with interest in history or paranormal. Strange things happen in the town in the mountains.

2  Thank MattC8444