New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Ghost Hunters of Asheville

Ghost Hunters of Asheville
Ranked #22 of 61 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Three separate 90-minute ghost tours cover different aspects of historical, haunted Asheville. The exclusive interactive downtown tour features use of ghost-hunting equipment. Historical Montford’s architectural beauty and stunning landscapes serve as backdrop for hunting ghostly specters. Riverside Cemetery beckons to those who dare enter and commingle with the ghosts of eras past.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Anytime I have out of town guest who like things that are a bit 'creepy', I suggest the Ghost Hunters of Asheville. Having written a novel that takes place in Asheville (Flint House), I find the Asheville area crawling with cool spookiness!

LaSalle, Illinois
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“What fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I took this tour on a whim, to learn some of the local folklore. It was a blast! Our tour guide was a master storyteller. It was fun to listen to someone who told the spooky tales of Asheville with such passion for the subject.

Visited October 2012
Candler, North Carolina, United States
“Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The guide was excellent and we had an awesome time. The number of haunted areas in Asheville was striking, and the guide knew the history behind every one. We even had a ghost tell us to go away....we talked about the trip for weeks, this is a must see.

Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Ga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Guide, If you like History, this is a must go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We has Todd as our guide and he was just great. He is so knowledgable about the town's history and he goes and talks to owners of building you will see to get up to date information. The "ghost hunting" equipment is sort of cheesy because you are in town where electricity constantly sets them off but the younger kids on the tour loved it.
My boyfriend and I love history, so this was a great tour for that, learning about the history of the buildings and seeing some creepy spots along the way. The constant photo snapping got old looking for "orbs" but Todd was honest and would tell you when he thought an orb was real or fake, he discounted most of them because he works in photography, I found this refreshing as most guides I would think would say, "yes! of course every speck of dust is an orb!". We definatly did stand in a few spots that had a "wierd feel" and I didn't want to be there anymore.
Overall, I would recommend this because it is interesting. If you want something silly I'd recommend the comedy ghost tour.

Visited September 2012
Northern Virginia, Virginia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Good Ghost Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Nice walking tour of Asheville; good history; fun times. A number of folks captures "orbs" on their cameras - pretty cool. We went with group of 20, which was really too large of a group.

Visited July 2012