“Great Gluten Free”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton
Description: With a focus on serving local, seasonal, and sustainable cuisine, Posana sources unprocessed, premium ingredients from nearly 65 different local purveyors and farmers each week and regularly changes the menu. The restaurant's warm welcoming main dining room is ideal for a weeknight dinner, weekend brunch, or a special occasion celebration. We can't wait to serve you.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I have eaten here two different times. The food is a bit pricey but well worth it. The salads are delicious and the lobster mac and cheese appetizer is large enough as an entree with a salad. We have had the fish and the rack of lamb. Both were delicious and fresh. Desserts were excellent also. We had apple crisp which was delicious. We would recommend this restaurant especially to those who eat gluten free or want locally sourced food.

There are newer reviews for Posana

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Three of us had a lovely dinner. Fish was excellent. Kale salad was very tasty. Tofu dish not so exciting but not bad. Server was lovely and had good recommendations.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

we used to live in Asheville and this place is new since we left and what a pleasant surprise and additional to downtown. our friend insisted we went there with him and what a great treat. the three of us competed which was the best meal. Watermelon gazpacho was a great way to start a flavor packed meal. between us we had the Seared Scallops, Lobster Mac & Cheese, Roasted White Shrimp and the trout. Cocktails were elegant and a wonderful addition.
over all a great meal, relaxing and classy atomsphere. strongly recommend for that special meal out.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I saw this place when planning my trip and wanted to make sure I ate there come the proverbial high water! Glad we made it for brunch on the day of our departure.

The wait time on a busy Sunday around noon was barely 15 minutes. We were seated outside with plenty of space for our meal and family without feeling packed like so many places do when outside seating is provided.

Our family has a few local places that are our go-to places for brunch so we tend to judge a place by that standard. Posana Cafe nailed it. Our waitress was attentive, nice and even when rushed or hurried managed to focus in on us and provided great service - Theresa was her name and I hope I spelled it correctly.

The food - that's what you wanted to hear, right?

The food was great. We tried their blueberry pancakes, the lobster omelet, the cheddar grits and the tofu scramble. Everything was great, although my scramble was a bit lacking overall when again compared to some of my other preferred places. Maybe next time.

I personally don't eat a huge variety of foods so I'm a snob about what I do eat and everything was well worth the price and the time.

We will return for dinner if at all possible next time visiting Asheville.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Oh my word! This is THE best gluten/wheat free meal I've had since I got my allergy. I was reading some reviews and everyone was bashing the portion sizes? I had the lobster omelette as my main dish and nothing was lacking there! Full of lobster, half a plate of home fries and a full belly! I even tried the carrot cake scone (delicious!), sticky bun (melt in your mouth goodness), and a few bites of an eggs benedict (biscuits were flavorful!). I was pretty full my the end of my meal. But since it is difficult for me to go out to eat and always getting a salad (celiacs know what I'm talking about) this was SO worth getting stuffed. Because I could eat EVERYTHING!
I even met the chef and shook his hand. I thanked him for our meal and told him how much a restaurant like this is appreciated. I like how his food tastes like "regular" food because it doesn't scare away people who think gluten/wheat free are gross. Thank you for an amazing meal and an amazing time! Our server took VERY good care of us.

4  Thank PL2016