“Good but geared toward meat eaters”
Review of Posana

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton
Description: With a focus on serving local, seasonal, and sustainable cuisine, Posana sources unprocessed, premium ingredients from nearly 65 different local purveyors and farmers each week and regularly changes the menu. The restaurant's warm welcoming main dining room is ideal for a weeknight dinner, weekend brunch, or a special occasion celebration. We can't wait to serve you.
Crystal Lake
“Good but geared toward meat eaters”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I were in Asheville for six nights celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. We ate at all of the vegetarian restaurants of which we had knowledge (Laughing Seed, Plant, Rosetta's itchen and Homegrown). We're not pure vegetarian but prefer eating that way, in addition to some seafood and poultry dishes - absolutely no red meat period. No knock on those who do eat meat (the majority of people), it's just not our thing. Posana was up-scale enough to choose as our actual anniversary night restaurant, to dress up a bit and celebrate. Posana was billed as vegetarian-friendly and even (somehow) is listed under "vegetarian" in the Asheville visitor center official website. We expected more options: There are a couple of interesting salads and starters but as for regular hot dinner entrees, there is exactly one (1) on the menu - which I ordered, a delicious tofu dish. Kudos to Posana for having a tofu dish. But to be vegetarian-friendly, there needs to be more than just one veggie dinner entree! My wife loves scallops and therefore ordered the scallops . . . which on the menu come wrapped in bacon. That's actually offensive to stick red meat into a seafood entree. Of course, she was able to order without bacon and our server was quite accomodating, and to make up for that agreed to one additional side vegetable. However, it wasn't brought out to the table with the rest of our food. Later when the server swung by and we pointed that out to him, he brought it pronto. A good guy. The sparkling wine (a Spanish Cava) was excellent a good value off their better-than-average wine list. The ambiance and decor are fine. I'm wondering about the review dated Nov. 2, 2013 that claims Posana to have vegan dishes (plural), as there was only the one veggis dish on the menu (and only the regular menu was served on a Saturday night, no specials, which was kind of surprising and a little disappointing. Not likely to return on future Asheville visits.

Hanover, Massachusetts
“great bruch”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

stopped in on a Sunday for brunch

Wait was not too long and hostess took our cell phone and offered to text us when table was ready. She said it would be a half hour and it was right on the nose.

When seated, our server was very busy serving food to a couple of groups near us. She made sure came by and explained she would be back shortly. Was well done and something many servers miss. It only took her 10 seconds but she let us know she knew we were there.

For bunch, no drinks are served before noon. We had to wait a couple minutes to have ours. No big deal at 11:55 but if you are looking for a "bloody" at 11 am it could be

We all had eggs benedict. Was done perfect and biscuts were to die for.

Overall, a wonderful experience and we would return again.

asheville, nc
“I love Posana. We go there frequently”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have never had a meal I didn't like. Yesterday my partner had his usual burger and a chocolate martini. The bartender has changed and he didn't like the martini as well as usual. However, I had local trout with the best side dish of quinoa I have ever eaten! The fish was tender and well seasoned and the quinoa had a variety of vegetables and almonds that was extraordinary. The people at the next table had pancakes and were startled when the waiter (what a cutey) told them it was gluten free. Although they make their food interesting and unusual, it is consistently good. My partner prefers something more ordinary and he can have that, too.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Ditto, Ditto, and Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I love the review that dubbed this place "where gluten free is normal" Indeed. I felt confident enough hearing about this place from reviews, friends, and family, that I didn't even worry a sec about bringing along another couple who isn't gluten-free, because it doesn't matter at Posana. The focus is on healthy, sustainable food. You'd never otherwise know it's gluten-free. No more shifting uncomfortably in my seat waiting on a "special" menu. The lobster mac and cheese lived up to its reputation, and the scallops were divine. We opted for dessert at the Chocolate Lounge. Two thumbs way up!

• Visited October 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Healthy and Delicious”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

WOW! We had a great meal at this restaurant which is completely gluten free. They serve mostly locally grown food. The Butternut squash risotto with Looking glass goat cheese and local apples was divine! My daughter loves the fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese. I had the Three Graces Brie with baby lettuce and roasted beets for a salad and my wife and daughter had the Kale salad. Both were delicious. My entree was the Braised Hickory Nut Gap pork Shoulder, my wife had the seared Sunburst farm trout and daughter had the pan roasted duck breast. All were cooked just right! Wait staff was knowledgeable and very good at their job. The waitress didn't mind finding out if on some dishes they used tapioca, which my daughter cannot eat. We will go back!

• Visited October 2013