“great bruch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton
Description: With a focus on serving local, seasonal, and sustainable cuisine, Posana sources unprocessed, premium ingredients from nearly 65 different local purveyors and farmers each week and regularly changes the menu. The restaurant's warm welcoming main dining room is ideal for a weeknight dinner, weekend brunch, or a special occasion celebration. We can't wait to serve you.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

stopped in on a Sunday for brunch

Wait was not too long and hostess took our cell phone and offered to text us when table was ready. She said it would be a half hour and it was right on the nose.

When seated, our server was very busy serving food to a couple of groups near us. She made sure came by and explained she would be back shortly. Was well done and something many servers miss. It only took her 10 seconds but she let us know she knew we were there.

For bunch, no drinks are served before noon. We had to wait a couple minutes to have ours. No big deal at 11:55 but if you are looking for a "bloody" at 11 am it could be

We all had eggs benedict. Was done perfect and biscuts were to die for.

Overall, a wonderful experience and we would return again.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have never had a meal I didn't like. Yesterday my partner had his usual burger and a chocolate martini. The bartender has changed and he didn't like the martini as well as usual. However, I had local trout with the best side dish of quinoa I have ever eaten! The fish was tender and well seasoned and the quinoa had a variety of vegetables and almonds that was extraordinary. The people at the next table had pancakes and were startled when the waiter (what a cutey) told them it was gluten free. Although they make their food interesting and unusual, it is consistently good. My partner prefers something more ordinary and he can have that, too.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I love the review that dubbed this place "where gluten free is normal" Indeed. I felt confident enough hearing about this place from reviews, friends, and family, that I didn't even worry a sec about bringing along another couple who isn't gluten-free, because it doesn't matter at Posana. The focus is on healthy, sustainable food. You'd never otherwise know it's gluten-free. No more shifting uncomfortably in my seat waiting on a "special" menu. The lobster mac and cheese lived up to its reputation, and the scallops were divine. We opted for dessert at the Chocolate Lounge. Two thumbs way up!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

WOW! We had a great meal at this restaurant which is completely gluten free. They serve mostly locally grown food. The Butternut squash risotto with Looking glass goat cheese and local apples was divine! My daughter loves the fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese. I had the Three Graces Brie with baby lettuce and roasted beets for a salad and my wife and daughter had the Kale salad. Both were delicious. My entree was the Braised Hickory Nut Gap pork Shoulder, my wife had the seared Sunburst farm trout and daughter had the pan roasted duck breast. All were cooked just right! Wait staff was knowledgeable and very good at their job. The waitress didn't mind finding out if on some dishes they used tapioca, which my daughter cannot eat. We will go back!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Posana Cafe is an Asheville must-stop for foodies! This was our second visit (the first during a trip a year ago). We absolutely loved the new interior decor and were glad to see vegan options on the menu. Brunch was excellent and a great value; staff very helpful and courteous. We will definitely be back.