“newly renovated, still great fresh food”
Review of Posana

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton
Description: With a focus on serving local, seasonal, and sustainable cuisine, Posana sources unprocessed, premium ingredients from nearly 65 different local purveyors and farmers each week and regularly changes the menu. The restaurant's warm welcoming main dining room is ideal for a weeknight dinner, weekend brunch, or a special occasion celebration. We can't wait to serve you.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a wonderful meal here. The food is fresh and tasty- farm fresh and in season. Extra care was taken with everything. The flavors all came through! The portions are on the small size and everything is a la carte, so it can be a bit pricey. We loved the fresh brie from the farm, the pork bbq, the scallops..and save room for the dessert. The cheesecake is excellent. We loved the new renovation with the colorful lit bar, the filled jars and the chain mail room divider. The chef and owner said that this restaurant is his Taj Mahal- his tribute to his gluten free wife, and I can see why.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food here is average. The verbiage surrounding it is way over the top. Iced tea is a production that requires at least 6" X 9" of your table space. The outdoor seating is pleasant. The most outrageous element is the sign in the bathroom telling you that the soap is made from grease from the kitchen. Really? Just give me good food.

1  Thank 2653adele
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I were recently in Asheville celebrating our anniversary and chose Posana Cafe as the place for our "special meal." It was a special meal. I do not like potato soup, and I do not like cold soups, but, out of my deep and abiding love for my wife, I agreed to try some - I now like chilled potato soup. I never thought I'd be recommending that to folks on Tripadvisor, but there it is. We had a nice Caesar salad with gluten-free croutons. The chocolate pot de creme for dessert was divine. The main dish was amazing - Beef Cheek. To paraphrase our wonderful server Taylor A, "Imagine the most tender and juicy pot roast that you have ever eaten; this is better." It was great. I think it was the best restaurant dish I have ever eaten.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

this place is really exceptional. My wife and I dropped in late on a Saturday night and we had a truly exceptional meal. One nice feature is that the entire menu is gluten free, but it is also truly exceptional food. Give it a try. Beautiful space, excellent service, serious cocktails and truly exceptional food.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We are self-described foodies. Stumbled upon this Mecca in search of food and drinks in downtown Asheville. Decor did not fail to amaze. They claimed recently remodeled. Brief yet thoughtful and "artistic" menu. We sat at the bar and tried a recommended Sicilan wine (new on their menu). Had pomme frites with organic ketchup. Scallops with peas and truffle butter. Lettuce chicken wraps with cilantro. We'd planned to split an entree ( the BBQ trout sounded enticing) but decided to opt for a small dessert instead. Chocolate pot de crime with mint and sea salt. We were enchanted. Amy was our bartender/server. Go by and say hello, she enjoys what she does!