“Very Good Food for the Price; Great GF Variety” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Posana

Posana
Ranked #19 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton
Description: With a focus on serving local, seasonal, and sustainable cuisine, Posana sources unprocessed, premium ingredients from nearly 65 different local purveyors and farmers each week and regularly changes the menu. The restaurant's warm welcoming main dining room is ideal for a weeknight dinner, weekend brunch, or a special occasion celebration. We can't wait to serve you.
Durham, North Carolina
“Very Good Food for the Price; Great GF Variety”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I had some very good food here one evening. Their menu offers a great variety within the kind of focus that a small, high-quality restaurant can offer.

Although Posana does not seem to advertise the fact, everything in the restaurant (except for the beer list) is gluten-free. For the first time in a long long time, as someone with celiac disease, I didn't have to worry about food safety, or restrict myself to just the two least interesting items on the menu. Yay! I could even get a burger and fries and wash it down with many different kinds of GF beer.

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Quite the surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have never been one to go only gluten free. My sister is and is very happy. While in town with a group of friends, we decided to try Posana. We were all pleasantly surprised. It was refreshing to know that we weren't eating overly processed foods like you do when you normally go out to eat. We heard that they got busy and they were unable to seat us with a reservation so we took our chances and ended up eating outside. It was chilly but it was nice. I highly recommend reservations because it is a small restaurant and you may have to wait a while otherwise. No one else wanted to eat outside so our group of 6 was fine. They had a nice wine/beer selection although very limited. My husband and I each got the sweet potato soup. It was very tasty. I got the steak with brussel sprounts. It was very good. Others got the salmon, duck, and trout. We were all very pleased. I would go back and try out some other dishes. We had a nice time. my only iritation was that my drink was empty for a lot of the meal. After asking to get refills..we waited close to 10 minutes. That was my only complaint about the restaurant. If you do sit outside...just know that there are street performers...musicians...magician...The musician we had to listen to was awful and we kept talking about how we wish they would leave. This is not Posana's fault however. I would not let this talk you from going here though.

1 Thank lilone2002
Greenville, North Carolina
“Great for a special event”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Went for a rehearsal dinner for a wedding. We stayed in the back room for large parties and the atmosphere was very nice and comfortable. I enjoyed the food and I feel that this is a quality restaurant to have a large dinner party. I am putting $$$ for price, because it seems that would be the quality although I did not personally pay for my meal.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
“Delightful restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had a delicious, leisurely meal at Posana. Right on Biltmore Ave in Asheville, the staff is helpful and pleasant. Each course was delicious. Nice wine list.

Visited March 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
“Fresh and organic and good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Always a good meal but limited menu but oh so fresh and organic. Great location. Want something not main stream and different then give this a try. We go evert time visit asheville

• Visited October 2012