“Great Location”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton
Description: With a focus on serving local, seasonal, and sustainable cuisine, Posana sources unprocessed, premium ingredients from nearly 65 different local purveyors and farmers each week and regularly changes the menu. The restaurant's warm welcoming main dining room is ideal for a weeknight dinner, weekend brunch, or a special occasion celebration. We can't wait to serve you.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It was fun to watch the people passing by as we ate at our table in the window. The food was good and service was too.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Hubby and I enjoyed an incredible dinner in this beautiful restaurant. I could order anything on the menu, no questions, no substitutions necessary, and no answers of "No, that has gluten in it." I was so happy I could have cried! Our server, Teresa, was friendly and knowledgeable, informing us of specials, and helping non-GF Hubby find a beer he wanted by bringing him tasters. We started with chicken lettuce wraps which were oh so good! Our meals were was gorgeously presented. I had tempura lobster tail with a fried green tomato over garlic chive mashed potatoes. It's been so long since I have had really good battered and fried food, I felt like I had gone to heaven. The fried green tomato had the most marvelous smoky flavor. Hubby's scallops were perfectly cooked, neither overdone nor underdone. For dessert, the cheesecake with butternut squash panna cotta was out of this world! We even bought some biscuits to take back to the hotel for breakfast the next morning, and a few seconds in the microwave made them warm deliciousness. The next night we got an order to go since the restaurant was completely packed. Hubby loved the cheeseburger, and the gnocchi I got was amazing! Chef Peter has hit a real homerun with his awesome restaurant which just happens to be gluten free. My only complaint about Posana is that it is not in my hometown. But it will definitely be a repeat destination for us anytime we are anywhere near Asheville.

1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have Celiac disease, so when I first heard this place was 100% gluten free I felt like a kid in a candy store. Gluten free gnocci and tiramisu? Yes, please! My husband and I have a lovely dinner here, with great service, and it was such a huge relief to simply order anything I wanted off the menu. Way to go, Posana!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We came to Ashville to go to another restaurant but it was closed so we tried this. Food was Excellent. We didnt know until after we ate that everything is gluten free. It was a great lunch, with good prices and excellent service. A MUST do over.

1  Thank lthrel
Reviewed December 31, 2012

By far this restaurant is a treasure for anyone with gluten sensitivity. They do not advertise this and its because they don't need to narrow their clientele- the gluten free food is that good!
I love going solo and sitting at the bar. I have also taken non gluten free friends and they comment on how great the food is. Service is always superb, they have vegan options and everything I have eaten has been great. I love their homemade bagels- available at brunch and the tempura is fantastic!