“Wonderful Meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton
Description: With a focus on serving local, seasonal, and sustainable cuisine, Posana sources unprocessed, premium ingredients from nearly 65 different local purveyors and farmers each week and regularly changes the menu. The restaurant's warm welcoming main dining room is ideal for a weeknight dinner, weekend brunch, or a special occasion celebration. We can't wait to serve you.
Russell Springs
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The food is excellent. The service was excellent. The atmosphere was very appealing. The restaurant was packed on a weekend. I would recommend a reservation. We had one and there was very little wait time. I had shrimp ravioli, pear salad and caramelized banana s'more. Excellent.

• Visited February 2012

Houston, Texas
“Great Gluten Free”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife avoids gluten, diary, soy and corn dining out can be a chore. To start with Posana is complete glutent free - however you would never know it by the taste of the baked goods. They worked with my wife to make sure that they created something great that worked within her diet restrictions. They even baked special diary free lemon poppy seed muffins for her.

Visited July 2012
“Nice rest on a hot day”
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I didn't realize how difficult it is to travel with a dog, even a small one until this trip. The one good thing that happened is that she took us to the patio at Posana. She had water and terrorized the pigeons. We had a very good refreshing gazpacho, a great Gruener Veltliner, and then I had a great steak. We finished with homemade ice cream. What a pleasant meal! Some street musicians played credible jazz for the hour and deserved their tips. It was a warm Friday evening, and everyone was out.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Get the Kale Salad.”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I'm obsessed with most things on the menu here, but I almost always get their kale salad. It is amazing, affordable, and completely delicious in the most healthy way. I really don't know why this place doesn't have a line the entire time they are open. The drinks are amazing, the prices are very good (especially for Asheville and fine dining), and the quality of the food is incredible. Best kept secret in Asheville, for sure.

• Visited July 2012
Fairview, North Carolina
“Quality food and location”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Be sure to check the goings on in town so you can easily secure parking as we are such a tourist town that people get a bit crazy. The menu at Posana is impressive without begin too fussy (today that can simply be too many ingredients, syllables, etc).
Begin with the excellent cocktail menu (can't speak to the wine as I have not gotten that far yet!) and know that they have a spicy margarita to die for or as my table mates loved the Zen-tini.
Be sure to have the kale salad even if you are not a kale fan. Simply delicious healthiness. I have had the mussels (excellent) and the spring roll (not bad) as well.
Then the chicken entree is unbelievably moist as I coveted it from across the table owing the to the simple fact that my pork chop was thick, moist and delish. Friends had the fresh catch only to rave as well. One did have to send their catch back more than once to hit the sweet spot of how they wanted it cooked. In a town of many fine dining options Posana stands out. Enjoy.
Service varies dependent on staff. The first time I went - so-so. The second time the waitress was quite good and I told her so. I miss fine service in todays world.

• Visited July 2012