“Best gluten-free restaurant!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton
Description: With a focus on serving local, seasonal, and sustainable cuisine, Posana sources unprocessed, premium ingredients from nearly 65 different local purveyors and farmers each week and regularly changes the menu. The restaurant's warm welcoming main dining room is ideal for a weeknight dinner, weekend brunch, or a special occasion celebration. We can't wait to serve you.
Leland, North Carolina
“Best gluten-free restaurant!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This totally gluten-free restaurant should be sending out recipes to others who say it can't be done profitable and easily! When I saw a waiter carrying breadsticks to another customer he immediately brought some out and I was in food heaven. The crispy quail was incredible as well as the fish entree I ordered. Knowing everything was gluten-free and from local farms made this a wonderful and relaxing meal!

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank stevenreichman

Virginia Beach, VA
“Words cannot describe the amazing gluten free experience.....”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

After dining at Posana on our way out we booked a reservation for the next night. I had the crispy quail both nights....one of the best GF dishes ever created. The Posana menu is quite varied, the food extremely tasty and an excellent presentation. Wonderful cocktail, beer, and wine selection. On our first night they were out of breadsticks, so they brought me a GF bagguette. The desserts were beyond compare.....in 2 nights we ate the cheesecake, the pear crepes, and the peach tart with ice cream....ALL GF! All delish. If I had to pick the dessert winner it was the cheesecake. My spouse had the lasagne with seared scallops both nights. Posana is one amazing place, and to think that it's GF as well is a miracle.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Finova
Charlottesville, Virginia
“OMG, I would sell my grandmother for the 'Crispy Quail'”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

...good thing she is deceased (the grandmother).
Amazing food! and all wonderfully GLUTEN FREE (though oddly they seem to keep this a sort of secret, nothing on their sign or menu alludes to this happy gluten-free kitchen state of being, you just have to know I guess though the waiters confirmed what we had heard)

It was actually a little weird to be able to order ANYTHING off the menu, a good weird though it spoiled we for other places. Some dishes tastier than others (we ate there 3 or 4 times in a week while visiting Asheville). I liked the chinese elixirs and the healthy kid's menu. Nice atmosphere, just the right combo of posh and comfy. Great people-watching from the windows. Wish we did not live a seven hour drive away!

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank DeniDoolittle
sc
“Organic, Healthy, Local, Green, Gluten Free and Great Gourmet Food”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We discovered this place on the food tour and went back for dinner twice after, plus breakfast once. There were four of us so we tried eight different dishes. The dishes that were done well were fabulous. Others were nothing special. I need to keep notes from the reviews and our trips there so we only order the best dishes. Even our gluten free person found great tasty choices. In a city of great restaurants, this one definitely makes my top five. We were disappointed with breakfast, not finding the dishes as well done as lunch and dinner.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank Bentrdr
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Memorable meal--loved this place!”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We went to this restaurant on a Saturday night during Belle Chere and could not have had a better experience. The main attraction is the food. I never ate anything as wonderful as their local kale salad, and the gazpacho--it had a delightful dollop of sorbet in it! Perfection. My dining companions were equally impressed. The servers were great.

• Visited July 2011