“A Chocoholic's Paradise!”

Ranked #4 of 45 Dessert in Asheville
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We've enjoyed a trip to the French Broad Chocolate lounge numerous times. It's a friendly atmosphere, with delectable chocolates and amazing drink options. Our personal favorite is the jitterbug, an iced latte drink made with homemade caramel sauce. Everything we've tasted has been amazing from the high-end chocolates to the desserts and drinks. Beware of visiting on the weekends...the line will not only be out the door, but even wrap around the building itself. That alone makes a statement as to how good it is!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,994)

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Very hyped.... We love chocolate, but this chocolate is extremely rich. If you like it like that, then this is your place...

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I with her friend stopped for coffee and a chocolate fix after dinner. Waited in line and finally gave order. Waited half hour for order. However, one coffee was iced coffee instead of hot. Waiter said no problem and would re-order hot coffee. Waited another half hour and still no coffee. Went downstairs to check. Waiter was spending more time flirting with the young customers then filling orders. Asked him about the coffee. He advised that he forgot and would order right away. Had spent over an hour in the place was not willing to spend another half hour waiting.

A plus was that I did request my money back for the coffee and it was returned without a fuss.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

A chocoholic's dream! Absolutely amazing, intense flavors. I with I could have gotten one of everything! Can't wait to come back to Asheville. It is a food memory that will last a lifetime.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was my fourth or fifth time at the chocolate lounge. I try to go at least once every time I'm in Asheville, and I am consistently pleased. Always a unique and delicious product. I usually stick to the liquid truffles and hot chocolate but have also had their truffles and cakes too, all amazing. I had a masala chai hot chocolate on this visit and my friend had a maple and smoked sea salt liquid truffle. It was her first time and she loved it. The line was outside the door and lined up along the sidewalk almost every time we passed during our time in town, so be prepared to wait. But the hype is well deserved!

1  Thank stellarglo