“Ridiculously good!”

Ranked #4 of 45 Dessert in Asheville
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 24, 2013

A chocoholic's dream! Absolutely amazing, intense flavors. I with I could have gotten one of everything! Can't wait to come back to Asheville. It is a food memory that will last a lifetime.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was my fourth or fifth time at the chocolate lounge. I try to go at least once every time I'm in Asheville, and I am consistently pleased. Always a unique and delicious product. I usually stick to the liquid truffles and hot chocolate but have also had their truffles and cakes too, all amazing. I had a masala chai hot chocolate on this visit and my friend had a maple and smoked sea salt liquid truffle. It was her first time and she loved it. The line was outside the door and lined up along the sidewalk almost every time we passed during our time in town, so be prepared to wait. But the hype is well deserved!

1  Thank stellarglo
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Huge Line!!! It's a nice little spot. Live music and good desserts, loved it. I wish I live in Asheville. ;)

1  Thank acupofwarmmilk
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A friend and a local both recommended French Broad Chocolate Lounge being the chocaholic that I am. We stopped by after dinner and there was a long line (which is usual) so we went back a little later. The line was shorter and moved quickly. They have you wait outside so it doesn't get overcrowded inside. The service was pleasant and quick. The menu was full of chocolate items galore. We got a fruit and cream type parfait, a hot chocolate inspired drink, and a cold fruity drink. All were delightful but we weren't blown away as the reviews would expect you to be. However, we didn't try the truffles or cake so we can't speak to those. There was also a live jazz band that was a wonderful added touch.

1  Thank Khyati D
Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you want chocolate, this is the place to go. The liquid truffle was the best chocolate drink I have ever eaten. I also had a chocolate creme brulee. That was excellent as well. There was no line when I went, but there is a sign upon entering that asks to remain outside if the line is too long. If you are in the mood for something chocolate, this is the spot.

1  Thank Rich R