“Liquid Chocolate”

Ranked #6 of 45 Dessert in Asheville
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Huge selection of handmade chocolate. Cacao from Peru, made in Asheville, sold with style and flare. Oaxaca Chocolate drink was our favorite, must

Write a ReviewReviews (2,085)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

If my memory serves me correctly, I read that the owners of this establishment dropped out of law school to pursue their love of cocoa beans and chocolate making. I am so glad. This place is a must visit. Be sure to pick-up truffles to go and have a dessert while you are there. Everything is great!

1  Thank cleanfreak56
FBChocolateLounge, Manager at French Broad Chocolate Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Hi!

You would be correct - both Dan and Jael left graduate school (Law and Business, respectively) to pursue their chocolate dreams! We're really happy they did as well. If you want to know more about how French Broad Chocolates came to be (and read about the 40-foot diesel bus they refurbished to travel in), check out our website: https://frenchbroadchocolates.com/articles/family-resume.

Thanks for the kind words and visiting the Lounge! We hope you come back soon.

Love,
FBCL

Reviewed September 17, 2013

a suprise in asheville.a great chocolate maker. a great dessert stop, including coffee and other sweets. second story sitting from street noise. enjoy your treats in quiet. offers mail order service. all made in house from great recipes.clean and comfortable

Reviewed September 16, 2013

DELICIOUS!!! Went for dessert. I had a nubby brownie with ice cream and it was magnificent. My fiancé enjoyed one of the cakes. Also enjoyed one of the liquid truffles at the advice of a tour guide. It was good, but very rich.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Until a few days ago, I did not know this place existed. Who would have ever thought of drinking liquid truffles!!

It was not easy to make a decision, so I had some help along the way. The young man behind the counter, was a big help. I decided not to infuse with lavender, caramel or other choices. I just wanted the pure chocolate.

I decided to go with a sipping cup of dark chocolate. It was served warm, the consistency was perfect and I thought this just cannot be happening!! I have never tasted anything so decadent and amazing. Not even in Europe, where you can find some of the best chocolates.

My husband had the chocolate cake. It was dense, moist and and every bite was perfect.

The cost factor depends on what you purchase. We just had our drink and cake. We found what we paid, was well worth what we had! Quality!!

I cannot wait to return!!

1  Thank queeni_traveler