“Heaven on Earth. The End..”

French Broad Chocolate Lounge
Ranked #4 of 45 Dessert in Asheville
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Lexington SC
“Heaven on Earth. The End..”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

If my memory serves me correctly, I read that the owners of this establishment dropped out of law school to pursue their love of cocoa beans and chocolate making. I am so glad. This place is a must visit. Be sure to pick-up truffles to go and have a dessert while you are there. Everything is great!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank cleanfreak56
FBChocolateLounge, Manager at French Broad Chocolate Lounge, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hi!

You would be correct - both Dan and Jael left graduate school (Law and Business, respectively) to pursue their chocolate dreams! We're really happy they did as well. If you want to know more about how French Broad Chocolates came to be (and read about the 40-foot diesel bus they refurbished to travel in), check out our website: https://frenchbroadchocolates.com/articles/family-resume.

Thanks for the kind words and visiting the Lounge! We hope you come back soon.

Love,
FBCL

• Korean first
Cartersville, Georgia
“sweets to the sweet”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

a suprise in asheville.a great chocolate maker. a great dessert stop, including coffee and other sweets. second story sitting from street noise. enjoy your treats in quiet. offers mail order service. all made in house from great recipes.clean and comfortable

Visited August 2013
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh my goodness!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

DELICIOUS!!! Went for dessert. I had a nubby brownie with ice cream and it was magnificent. My fiancé enjoyed one of the cakes. Also enjoyed one of the liquid truffles at the advice of a tour guide. It was good, but very rich.

Visited September 2013
Tennessee
“chocolaholics Dream Come True!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Until a few days ago, I did not know this place existed. Who would have ever thought of drinking liquid truffles!!

It was not easy to make a decision, so I had some help along the way. The young man behind the counter, was a big help. I decided not to infuse with lavender, caramel or other choices. I just wanted the pure chocolate.

I decided to go with a sipping cup of dark chocolate. It was served warm, the consistency was perfect and I thought this just cannot be happening!! I have never tasted anything so decadent and amazing. Not even in Europe, where you can find some of the best chocolates.

My husband had the chocolate cake. It was dense, moist and and every bite was perfect.

The cost factor depends on what you purchase. We just had our drink and cake. We found what we paid, was well worth what we had! Quality!!

I cannot wait to return!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank queeni_traveler
San Francisco, California
“Sea Salt Caramels Are A Must Try”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

French Broad Chocolate Lounge is a chocolaholics mecca, offering chocolate in all of its finest forms: from truffles, to cake and brownies, to drinking chocolate...Not to mention chocolate bars from practically all over. It's also a really nice place to sit and talk with friends over a decedent desert and coffee or tea. The sea salt caramels are delicious and a must try. A little pricey (1.95) per truffle but your paying for the quality.

• Visited September 2013