“Worth the Walk”

Ranked #4 of 45 Dessert in Asheville
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hip, trendy, friendly place to have dessert, a beer or a glass of wine (or all three) with friends or family. The locals consistently recommended the lounge over the other chocolate stores. I agree. A must do while in Asheville.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were in Asheville for a total of five nights and ended up here three of those. There are so many tasty things to choose from. Truffles, cakes, ice cream, pretty much anything you could want. Everything had a unique spin on it, too - for instance, hot chocolate came in many different varieties, such as honey lavender and kulfi. Yum! I wouldn't recommend passing it up if you're in town. I've heard it can get pretty busy, but it was relatively calm when we went (late afternoon/early evening on week days).

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Wonderful chocolates! We went as part of Eating Asheville tour, and then stayed to have a liquid truffle and to buy some chocolates to take home. Yum!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went here while visiting Asheville over New Year's. The line was out the door, and we almost decided to go somewhere else. Everyone in line told us it was worth the wait, and they were absolutely right.

My friend found us a table upstairs while I waited in line to order. Don't be fooled by the cramped quarters downstairs. The upstairs offers plenty of seating, and it's a great atmosphere for sipping your chocolate and snacking on a treat, while having a conversation.

After ordering, if you're dining in, you're given a number to take to your table, and your drinks are delivered to you fairly quickly.

I got the Lavender & Honey hot chocolate and it was just incredible. Fragrant and sweet, without being overly sweet. It was so great, it would be hard for me to branch out and try something new next time.

We also ordered the macarons of the day, which were delightful.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I can only review the "liquid truffle" as that is all I consumed on two visits. After our restaurant meal, we strolled over to the French Broad Chocolate Lounge to indulge in an unbelievably fabulous teacup of molten chocolate in various flavors such as pure dark, lavender & honey, maple and sea salt, milk chocolate, Buddha w/cocoanut milk, and a rose, cardamom, pistachio combination. A sip will saturate your senses with silken luxury. (I just made that up!) It was so good, we went back the following evening. The line may be long but is worth the wait. Upstairs seating accommodated our large group in a loft-like atmosphere. This is the perfect way to top off an evening.