Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
“I felt very comfortable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

All of the staff were quite friendly and helpful. I was well taken care of in many ways. I would definitely stay here again!
Good experience . Thanks to all who took care of the unexpected occupants. It was managed professionally and quickly.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Fort Stewart, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've stayed in many hotels very impressed with this one. It is well maintained and clean inside and out. The front desk staff was the best anywhere. McKinley was the best front desk agent I've ever met. She goes out if her way to assist guests and takes pride in providing a great experience.
The breakfast buffet is excellent. The choices will satisfy all guests and you will not leave hungry. Not too mention that there is coffee available in the lobby day and night as well as complimentary cookies.
The ONLY thing i didn't like was that the hot water in the bathroom sink is extremely hot and should be corrected before someone gets a serious burn. Especially a child.
I highly recommend this hotel!

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed here and it was fairly nice. Tub was dirty when we went in and had to be rinsed out. Vaccuming had not been done well. I dropped something beside chair in room and the dust on the floor reflected not being dusted in weeks or months. The bed had a mattress that felt like sleeping on the floor it was so hard. Room other wise was nice. Breakfast was nicely set up and the food wqas fine

Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I were able to get away at the last minute for a short anniversary trip and as such I called the Country Inn and Suites Asheville West in the hopes that I could get a same day romantic room reservation.

To my great pleasure my call was answered by a completely delightful woman named Michelle. I can't say I had ever had what I would describe as a great phone call with a hotel clerk before this one, but I can say so now. Michelle was fun, bubbly, and very quick to go out of her way to ensure my wife and I had the best, most romantic room possible, and she did so at a price much lower than I was expecting to pay. Michelle was an awesome representative for her company, and I can't describe the length she went towards setting the tone for our trip to Asheville.

That's just the start though. When we arrived we were met at the desk by a young woman named Kara. Kara was equally wonderful to deal with and was very eager to make sure we had everything we needed for a great stay (including arranging an extra night for us). When we got to our first floor whirlpool suite (did I mention that Michelle hooked us up with a whirlpool suite?) we walked in, took a glance around the room and immediately fixed on a box and card waiting for us on the ledge of the whirlpool. It was a bottle of champagne and two glass flutes, and the card was addressed to us wishing us a happy anniversary.

HOW COOL IS THAT!?!

When I went back out to thank Kara for the champagne, she squealed with delight and said she almost ruined the surprise. I couldn't believe the gift, but I was equally happy to see a front desk clerk that genuinely seemed excited for her guests. Kara, you are one cool lady.

So, the next day we arrived back to the hotel late after an exhausting day about Asheville. I stopped at the little snack area in the lobby and the desk clerk, a friendly young woman named McKinsey struck up a conversation with me. Again, I've never spent more than a few minutes talking with a clerk previously, but before I knew it I had spent 20-30 minutes just chatting with her about this and that. Seriously a very cool person, and someone that this hotel is lucky to have on staff.

So, basically this was a fantastic trip all in all, and Country Inn and Suites Asheville West laid the groundwork for it. I very much look forward to staying at this hotel again as it has contributed to making Asheville a go to place for 'get out of town' weekends for my wife and I. I'd love to thank Michelle, Kara and McKinsey for their part in making those two days great memories for us. Thank you!

Room Tip: First floor whirlpool suite was great. If you are easily awoken ask for a room on a higher floor, as...
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

From the time I checked in until the time I left, the service was excellent. The front desk employee, Michelle, was wonderful in helping to find a room with minimal noise (I'm a light sleeper). She also offered many suggestions for restaurants and information about the Biltmore. The hotel room was great and the breakfast was good. If you are in the area, I would highly recommend staying here. Clean, reasonable price and excellent staff- perfect!

Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Our reservation was for a Valentine's weekend in Asheville. We were greeted by a friendly face, I think it was Kara. Our room was very nice, very clean and new. We went downtown, Kara called us a cab, very reasonable fare. The breakfast the next day was more than just bagels, they had scrambled eggs and sausage and more. We will definitely be back

Orchard Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I highly recommend this location for business or pleasure travel. I've used this hotel many times for business and personal travel, I've unfortunately used a few others in the area and this is by far the best for me. Front desk is always welcoming and helpful. Rates are the best in the area for the quality of this hotel, you could pay more for a similar place but why should you. Bed and pillows are extremely comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business