Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Country Inn & Suites Hotel and I truly enjoyed the stay! My husband arrived during our honeymoon and the staff surprised us in our room with champagne and a wonderful note from the staff! That was so touching to think that they thought of that knowing it was our honeymoon. I have never stayed at a hotel that was like that. I plan on in the future staying at Country Inn & Suites as much as I can. This hotel was in a great location. Right down the street from a Cracker Barrel! It was a nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I truly enjoyed myself while at this hotel, from the friendly staff to the cleanliness of the hotel to the great location it's in and the great complimentary breakfast. I was truly impressed. My husband was impressed because we received an upgrade on our room to a suite by me being a member and that extra space is what we needed since he has dialysis and had to set up his equipment while we were there. So thank you staff for making my husband and my stay a Great one!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank lghgoff82
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I spent one night at this property as a stop over for a long road trip. I was unfamiliar with this name and did not know what to expect. Well, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised and positively impressed. My room was well appointed with a wonderfully comfortable bed. This hotel was attractive and the staff was friendly, courteous, and professional. As if that wasn't enough, freshly baked cookies, popcorn, and coffee were offered in the lobby. It was a great stay with plenty of southern hospitality!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Wife and I stayed one night at the Country Inn & Suites. We had a great stay. Check in was smooth. Room was very nice: bathroom as entered on right, king bed, tv, microwave, fridge, desk with chair, comfortable chair with ottoman. Room was clean and nice decor. Continental breakfast was good and kept stocked for number of guests eating. Front desk staff were helpful with directions. Would stay there again.

1  Thank ColonelAudubon
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We checked in early on a rainy Sat. afternoon and had no problem getting our room. We have stayed here before and knew it was going to be clean and quiet. It's a little out of the way but a hidden gem. The bathroom exhaust fan was annoying but did not keep us from getting any sleep. Will stay again in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here specifically because of the TripAdvisor reviews; the other couple who went with us had a great stay; we've had plenty of other great Fairfield stays---unfortunately, this was not one of them. The bathroom exhaust fans are on motion sensors, which seems to be a good, eco-friendly idea, right? Well, in reality it needs help. If you're in the shower and the sensor can't see you, it doesn't run; so you come out of the shower to a steamed-up room.

Our sensor was obviously not working properly--didn't come on at all sometimes, came on for a minute then cut off, came on when nobody was NEAR the bathroom, etc. We told the front desk to please check it out while we were at dinner. They supposedly checked, and left a note that "it's working just fine". Well, we did not sleep at all that night! The fan constantly cut on and off, regardless of whether you were in the bathroom; we kept the bathroom door closed, just so the sensor wasn't "catching movement" off one of the mirrors or something. But no, it just cut on & off all night; the fan noise was bad enough, but the loudly flipping "switch" noise?....ah, priceless.

In the morning (notice I don't say when we woke up, since that would imply that we slept), we told the desk again. They didn't really apologize, but offered us a 10% refund (yes, woo-hoo,
$ 12!) for our troubles. As we were packing, a staff member came & once again checked out the fan--and of course, she immediately said "this isn't working right!". Yeah, no kidding.

So--I would normally give this place 5 stars; love the rooms, value, breakfast, etc. But if your fan seems to be malfunctioning REQUEST ANOTHER ROOM AND DON'T take NO for an answer!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank StuckNCowTown
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We selected this hotel primarily from the reviews. They lived up to it. Very helpful front desk, well maintained rooms and common areas and though it was just ten minutes from downtown the price was significantly lower than in town. A great place if you don't mind finding a parking garage in Asheville.