Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Cary, North Carolina
“Great choice”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We split the drive to Nashville in half by staying 1 night in Asheville. This hotel was a great choice. The staff were very friendly and provided excellent service, our room was clean and comfortable, and I had requested that we be given a room on the 4th floor away from the elevators to avoid noise and this was fulfilled. We had a nice dinner just around the corner, had a restful stay and a good breakfast before heading on our way. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was very happy with the front desk staff. They went out of their way to make sure everything was okay. They provided maps, recommended places to visit, answered questions, and even helped printing out boarding passes. The coffee, tea and cookie station is a plus. The free breakfast included eggs, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt, pastries, bagels,coffee, tea, and juice options.This is a great deal for families. We were there for a college orientation visit. It is close to Interstate 40 and the map provided by the front desk is very helpful to see Asheville.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for help for a good room choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jennifer A
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a lovely time during our weekend stay at the Country Inn & Suites Asheville West! The staff was very helpful from checking in to offering suggestions for places to eat and visit. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was just great at being a wonderful host and very helpful!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The rooms are large, the staff is friendly. While the rooms are clean, we had to ask for room service on the second day after returning around 5 PM from our day trip in the mountains. You're a good ways from downtown or the Biltmore. Breakfast is edible, nothing special. We could hear people and their TV's in the rooms around us fortunately nobody stayed up late. As a base of operations for our 3 day weekend in Asheville it was OK, based on the reviews I was expecting a nicer hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Charles M
canton ohio
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was very pleased by the management and staff at this hotel. They were all extremely warm and friendly. The restaurant suggestions by mgr. Michelle were crucial to our great time in Ashville. The check-in clerk was very knowledgeable about discounts to the Biltmore Estates as well as local eateries. Loved my stay there. The only possible drawback was the shortage of help during the continental breakfast rush. This happened 2 times out of 3. I felt sorry for those on duty. It was impossible to keep pace with the guests. All in all, they did a commendable job. Maria , the morning clerk along with the kitchen staff worked at a grueling pace to stay on top of the situation. Overall, I would (and will) definitely stay here again. I felt their rates were very fair also.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for print outs of recommended dining and maps for the area. They are most helpful an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Newton Grove, North Carolina
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here for a family event. I found it to be very attractive, stylish and private, tucked away from all the road noise yet very convenient. My room had a quaint feel to it which was surprising and I really liked that. Since I have family there, I plan to stay here again. I haven't traveled much and the staff was very helpful and accommodating. My family wanted to know if I would recommend it for other family gatherings and I said most definitely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I think you reviewing the wrong hotel. I stayed there this week, while on business. I was just online booking a return, and taking the family. Noticed the low rating, and double checked to ensure that I was booking the same hotel I stayed at...Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, hotel is modern, breakfast was great, and this staff was EXCELLENT!!! The location to area attractions is very close. What more could you ask for when booking a trip to Asheville?

Room Tip: If there is a problem with any part of your stay, don't wait until check-out or next time you ar...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business