Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Denver, Colorado
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Not the Ritz Carlton but if you are looking for a clean, well-maintained, quiet room with a decent breakfast and professional staff, I high recommend this property. We have family in Asheville and never stay anyplace else when we are in town. Comfortable beds, flat screen tv's and a reasonable price add to the attractiveness of the Country Inn and Suites. Don't bother to look elsewhere if you are traveling to Asheville or the surrounding area.

1 Thank Howard W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This Country Inn offered us an extremely comfortable stay. The room was large and very clean. The decor was lovely. The king size bed was very comfortable. This was our first stay at a Country Inn and Suites and we will be back!

1 Thank DDM137
Winston Salem
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a long weekend in Asheville. The main purpose of our trip was to visit the Biltmore Estates. I chose the Country Inn and Suites based on the reviews that I've read here on Tripadvisor.

Our 3 night stay at the Country Inn and Suites was excellent. I found Jessica at the front desk, as well as the other employees to be very polite and helpful. Our room; a king suite, was spotless, well laid out and well appointed.

The included morning breakfast bar was a great way to start our day.. There are a lot of choices, from waffles to bacon and eggs. And, it's all very good. At other times free cookies and coffee are offered for hotel guests in the main lobby.

The hotel is in a great location; right off of I-40 just west of the Biltmore area (Exit 44, Enka - Chandler Exit). There is a Cracker Barrell and a Fatz Eatry within walking distance.

I would and will recommend this hotel to my friends who are looking for a great in the Asheville area.

Room Tip: If you're going for a King Room, pay the little extra per night charge and get a King Suite.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great hotel. We picked it because it was close to Biltmore but a few minutes away so we wouldn't be in a ton of traffic getting in and out of our hotel. The free breakfast in the morning was awesome, I loved the waffles, and I was even able to make a yogurt parfait while my boys loved the eggs and bacon. My kids loved the always available cookies by the front desk, they even had hot chocolate available. Hotel was very quiet, we were on the fourth floor. The front desk lady was so helpful. We had never been to the area before and she helped us a lot with what to do in the area. Great town, we will be back next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here overnight based upon trip advisor reviews. What a great value and convient location. The front desk people were so great and inviting! One use to be a teacher and she was super friendly. I would stay here again in a minute! We did have the window open and it was noisy but the window was open so duh.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The rooms are small, but the worst part is the noise. If you like hearing people talk, slam doors, and move around at night and in the morning (when you most likely are in your room), then yes, stay here.

The doors slam so loud that it jars you out of a sleep, you can hear people talking next door to you and even their TVs! We've tried this place 3 times because of the location, but each time we were disappointed that no improvements were made and our last stay was at the end of a wonderful honeymoon where were stayed at 4 other hotels. Not one other hotel had these problems. T

To top it off, we asked to change rooms because of the noise and management put us next to housekeeping and the elevator with a huge party staying on that floor. Yeah, we were so tired and done with changing rooms (not to mention all other places were booked) that we just tried to suck it up. Thanks for ruining the last part of our honeymoon.

Pros: Breakfast is decent.

Cons: Awake or asleep, you can hear everything going on outside, in the rooms next to you, in the hallway, etc. Not relaxing at all.

Suggestion to management: Ok so you can't help the fact that this is a poorly designed and cheaply constructed hotel, might I suggest fixing the doors so they don't slam, putting a sign up in the hallways asking for guests to be courteous and keep quiet while walking through the hallways. As for the rooms, there is no fix. I'd say lower your price or maybe find a way to insulate for sound.

This was my final stay at Country Inn and Suites.

Room Tip: Try the 4th floor, end of hall, best bet if you want LESS noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank jesse223
ashevillewest, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate), responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Mrs. Harrison,

I truly apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectation. While we strive to create a lasting, positive impression with all of our guests, we sometimes miss the mark. For this I offer my sincere apology. It appears we have "struck out" 3 times with you and will most likely not have another opportunity to host you in the future. We have 2 other great properties in Asheville and I am confident that they have as much of a desire to "wow" you as we would have liked to. Be well, travel often and please do not let your negative experience tarnish your impression of our beautiful city. Again, from my heart of hearts, I apologize that we failed you on your 3 previous visits. The other 2 properties are Country Inn and Suites, Tunnel Road and Country Inn and Suites Brevard Road.
Blythewood, South Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at a 3 star hotel up the street on my first visit to the area, but this was definitely better! First, the lobby was nice and inviting. The two staff members who worked the desk were so friendly and genuine. That alone made me happy, but when I was told that I had a free upgrade to a suite I was ecstatic. The suite was very nice, clean and well-appointed. Late at night, I never heard other guests even though the hotel was fully booked. Breakfast was way better than expected. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business