“Perfect place to stay for our visit to Biltmore”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Loudon, Tennessee, United States
“Perfect place to stay for our visit to Biltmore”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We actually thought we were making a reservation for the CI&S at the Biltmore Square Mall, but we are glad we stayed here instead. Beautiful place, nice folks, great access to I-40 at exit 44 and only 6 miles from Biltmore at exit 50. Rooms were clean, bed was comfy, breakfast was delicious. All the comforts of home. We were given an upgrade on our room without having to ask, what a luxury! Thanks for a great stay, we will be back the next time we are visiting Biltmore, probably in the spring.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not across from the elevator or vending machines.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Paula M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I have stayed at several hotels in the Asheville area as we travel there quite frequently. I read the reviews for this new hotel and thought we would give it a try since the reviews gave such high praise. We stayed recently and this is our candid review. Pros: room was very clean, everything worked, and parking was ample. Cons: bed was harder than bricks, hot prepared food at breakfast consisted of microwaved biscuits, microwaved sausage, and some clumpy gravy. The sanitation grade was less than 94. I saw someone washing dishes by hand with a bottle of Dawn next to sink. I'm short but have never had issues with height of a bathroom counter, but this one was so tall I had trouble washing my face etc. Shower had no water pressure. It is a rain bath type but still should have more than a trickle. I can't remember the last time a shower mat YUCK was in the shower of a hotel either. The King room was very small compaired to others in the same price range. Will not recommend this one for more than 1 night and only if you bring your own featherbed:) Hope this is helpful.

10 Thank faithwalknc
Cary, NC
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed here during an overnight trip to the Biltmore House. It appears to be a brand new hotel, so it's in very good condition all the way around. The staff was helpful and friendly. Complimentary breakfast very good - eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, cereal, danish, etc. It's less than ten minutes from Biltmore village via I-40, so time-wise, it's convenient to Biltmore House. If you get an even-numbered room on an upper floor as we did, you'll have a view of the mountains off in the distance.

My only complaint was that the walls are, surprisingly, not very well insulated for sound. As a result, we could hear Cartoon Network on the Neighbor's TV at 1:30 AM. I could also hear a woman's telephone conversation with her cell phone provider the next morning - word for word. So, that's the risk you take with this hotel and it's the only reason I don't rate it as "excellent". But it IS a nice, moderately-priced hotel.

Room Tip: If you get an even-numbered room on an upper floor, you'll have a view of the mountains off in t...
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed December 28, 2011

First time staying at the Country Inn Suites ....I would recommend this hotel to anyone; We were well taken care of.; I didnt want to spend Christmas at home due to our daughter's (first time ever in 23 yrs not being with her parents for Christmas) she was spending time with her husbands family in Chicago so we chose to go away for the holidays. Our Christmas there was the best spent holiday considering the circumstances of being away from home.... put it to you like this, it felt like home because of the great enviroment Country Inn & Suites wonderful team provided. The best oranges and the best coffee!!! Awesome stay, Thank you for making our Christmas a wonderful time. WE will be back in the spring and we will be staying at 1914 Old Haywood Rd Asheville NC... Thank you once again!! You made our Christmas beautiful!!

Room Tip: View from the 4th floor was so nice!
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We were greeted on Christmas Day with a friendly smile and helpful information on where we could eat that night (since it was Christmas Day). The hotel was very clean and cozy. The cookies and breakfast were scrumptious. We would stay here again.

Durham, NC
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My sister and I stayed here in August 2011 to go to the Biltmore House and downtown Asheville. The staff is awesome as are the breakfast and hot cookies in the afternoon. The room was very comfortable and clean, although small. We were across the hall from the hospitality suite and I only heard noise when the door was open. My only complaint would be the hardness of the beds. If you have a sensitive body or hip issues, you will be uncomfortable. They do provide plenty of linens so I put a blanket over the top of the bed, but still felt the very hard mattress (think the Princess and the Pea). I would stay here again, though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back portion of the motel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Wow - coming to Asheville - there were 3 Country Inns - all rated highest but none higher than this one. I chose it after reading all the reviews: This one received kudos for room, service, and location. Tunnel Road received kudos for location. Biltmore Square - well, it's the farthest from the Biltmore which I thought was funny.

So let's see - Country Inn tries to play with Fairfield and Hampton. Less than 50% of the time they succeed, sometimes they do. Usually, they are closer to a Comfort Inn or even a Super 8.

But this one - let's start with location: It's 6 miles to the Biltmore Estate (exit 50 off of I-40 where as the hotel was exit 44. Downtown Asheville is 5 minutes North of the BIltmore - but it's like a triangle - because it's 6 or 7 miles Northwest of the Country Inn - and it's one road to get there - in other words easy.

The rooms - modern - good furniture (not beat up), flast screen LG TVs, nice light paint and bedding. Very comfortable beds. Extemely hot water in the shower. Fresh carpet.

Does it sound like I am very high on this place - keep reading.

The service - let me tell you: you cannot stay at a downtown Hilton in a big city with a concierge and get such good counsel. You ask for an open restaurant on xmas eve or xmas - the days we are here. They not only know the places but they have directions - pre-printed. You want to see sights and have questions - they know. They'll make phone calls for you too - to see if a place is crowded. I mean, seriously - this at a Country Inn. Let me give a shout out to Chrissy - who was PHENOMENAL!! And the owner actually followed - working third shift - on xma even. Nice to his staff. The other folks working the desk were excellent as well - I just didn't get their names.

One other note - the gym. Very good. Two treadmills and an eliptical - all very new and advanced. Also a weight set. Many large hotels have old, supar equipment - so for hotel workouts, this was pretty good.

Finally - need a snack. They ALWAYS have fresh cookies and fresh fruit (bananas and apples) out - so for that late night snack.

I travel a lot for work - as you see from the number of my postings. This hotel/inn - it's the real deal. It's easily the best Country Inn I've stayed at - and it's right up there with the best properties period I've stayed at - when you look at room, location, people, etc.

You cannot go wrong here!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family