“Very simple, not bad, not great, just average.”

Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Adliswil, Switzerland
“Very simple, not bad, not great, just average.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Room was good, space and comfort, internet worked well, breakfast is average. Service is poor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Julius S
BFH_Marketing, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Julius S,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at our property. We are sorry to hear you did not experience our four-diamond customer service during your time with us, but are glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms. You may contact us directly with more details if you would like, as we use guest feedback as a learning tool to continue to improve our hotel. We do hope that you stay with us again.

Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Piney Flats, Tennessee
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My girlfriends and I went for a weekend getaway to Asheville. We received very friendly service at check- in. The room was very nice and clean. We did have to call for extra bath towels and within 10 minutes they were delivered to us. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hello TerryM27,

We are thrilled that you and your girlfriends chose to stay at the Hilton Asheville during your getaway weekend to Asheville! We are so glad that you enjoyed our rooms and our service team was able to accommodate your additional requests while you were with us. Thanks again for your business and we hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

As a diamond member with Hilton's for a couple if years now, this stay was disappointing. The lobby is not very impressive. The rooms were very small and crowded. Only three towels in the bathroom and the shampoo container was cracked and leaking. Bathrobes are usually with Hilton's but not this time. No microwave but it did have a refrig. Trays from a room next door were left in the hall which has to be walked around .... Thought they'd remove them in a timely fashion .... But not until the next day.

The hotel was built and squeezed into a small space in Biltmore Park. Doesn't have much curb-appeal. Parking can be challenging. If parking in the parking garage there is not an enclosed or covered walkway to the Hilton. If its raining (which it was) it was not very convenient.

The Hampton Inn would have been a better choice from experience. Sorry Hilton : ( just didn't seem to be the quality you usually have in your Hotels.

I'd have to say I wouldn't stay there again

However, the breakfast, cook and waitress were wonderful and the busboys looked snazzy.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Emitdvm,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay at our property. We apologize if we did not meet your expectations and will address your concerns internally. Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience to all of our guests and we apologize that we did not succeed during your time with us. We do hope that you come back so that you can have a more memorable stay.

Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a quick weekend getaway to Asheville and stayed at the Hilton Biltmore Park. It's a lovely hotel and a great location, and as a Hilton Honors member, I was confident of a good stay. Two issues caused concern though - the room temperature and intermittent TV coverage. It spoiled an otherwise perfect night. BUT, when we mentioned these to the Manager on check-out, he more than took care of us. Kudos to Manager Alex for his commitment to customer service. You made it right for us. Thank you.

Room Tip: It's a LEED hotel and fairly new plus located right in a live-work-play community and across fro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BFH_Marketing, General Manager at Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear SteveC83,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Asheville! We are glad to host you and your wife on a quick getaway! We will share your feedback to Alex, as we are pleased he was able to accommodate you! We are glad that you enjoyed our beautiful location in Biltmore Park Town Square and hope that you are able to stay with us again!

NC
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Hilton for one night during his birthday weekend. We traveled to Asheville to go to the Biltmore House and booked the hotel through the Biltmore. I am a Hilton Honors member and I did not receive points for the stay because I booked through another source. The room was nice, a bit overpriced. The toilet handle was broken, but functioning. It is convenient to Biltmore Park shopping & dining. Parking was in the nearby parking deck. Breakfast in the restaurant downstairs was decent. I would stay there again at a discounted price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We very recently stayed at this hotel on a weekend trip to Asheville. We stayed one night and experienced no problems during our trip. Our room wasn't huge, but had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable! We enjoyed walking around the shops in the area and that it was so close to a Starbucks for the morning :) Although, if you'd rather, they do have a Keurig in the lobby! If there was anything I could have changed, I'd have preferred a better mountain view. It seemed like a waste to be in the beautiful mountains and have to see a parking lot...but, maybe other rooms have better views. I'm not sure if there is a way to request a mountain view, but that's the only downside in my mind to staying at this hotel. Easy access to Biltmore and downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BFH_Marketing, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Lexi B,

We are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful experience at our Hilton Asheville! We love our convenient location in Biltmore Park and are so glad you took advantage of it and explored the surroundings. We do have mountain view rooms available and you can request at check-in. Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your weekend trip and we hope to have you back again soon!

Guest and Marketing Relations
Hilton Asheville
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had a quick one night say here in October, 2012. I stayed the night, and gave a talk at an association lunch here the next day.

The hotel seems to be of recent construction, and looks great.

Front desk staff was crisp and friendly. My room was clean and nicely kitted out; a good night’s sleep.

I had dinner in the lobby restaurant, and dinner was fine. The meal I ordered was a bit overcooked, and the waitress quickly removed the charge from the dinner check. They had free lobby coffee in the morning.

I met with their A/V folks the night before, and they did an excellent job helping me ensure that my laptop and powerpoints would work perfectly with the room, their projectors and their screens. Excellent.

The lunch served at the associations’ meeting looked great, and the people I talked to said it was good. (I was speaking, so didn’t eat…)

I only have one complaint here (and, as always, I never post negative comments without telling a hotel manager beforehand. This time, I caught the GM in the lobby and told him directly.) The internet at this property is abysmal. They offer both wifi and Ethernet (hello? It’s the 90’s… they want their blue cables back), and NEITHER ONE WORKS! I tried with my laptop, my ipad and my iphone. Nothing. Then, I went downstairs to see if I could just print a boarding pass… the Front Desk clerk sent me over to the Bellstand by the front door. Guess what? Their internet connection was miserable, too! The hardwire computer at the bellstand was unable to get and hold a connection to Delta long enough to print a boarding pass. OUCH!

I told the GM the same thing I’ll tell you. Excellent hotel, crisp staff, clean rooms. If you need internet access, this might not be the place for you.

The GM indicated he knew there was an issue. Fine, but I hold you accountable for riding herd on AT&T (their vendor) and getting that fixed when you hear the complaint the first time. Telling me you know it’s an issue tells me you know it’s a problem and you haven’t rattled AT&T’s cage sufficiently to get it fixed.

Would I come back here? Do I recommend? Location (from the airport) is great, and it sits in a large shopping area a la Reston Town Center in Virginia. Great if you are shopping or visiting friends or don’t need internet. As a business hotel, I’d have to look for something else until they get the internet connection dealt with. And, again, I batch my reviews, so this was in October, 2012. Hopefully, someone from the property will chime in here and tell us that they’ve upgraded the infrastructure since October.

Room Tip: There are some rooms which overlook the interstate. Avoid those...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chauncey_Gardiner
Dear Chauncey_Gardiner,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Asheville. We are glad to here that you enjoyed many aspects of our beautiful property, including our wonderful staff and complimentary coffee. We do apologize for the internet issues you incurred while staying with us. The issues have been addressed and resolved with AT&T, but thank you for bringing them to our attention again. We do appreciate your business and hope that you will consider staying with us again!

Guest and Marketing Relations