“Biltmore Getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
NC
“Biltmore Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Hilton for one night during his birthday weekend. We traveled to Asheville to go to the Biltmore House and booked the hotel through the Biltmore. I am a Hilton Honors member and I did not receive points for the stay because I booked through another source. The room was nice, a bit overpriced. The toilet handle was broken, but functioning. It is convenient to Biltmore Park shopping & dining. Parking was in the nearby parking deck. Breakfast in the restaurant downstairs was decent. I would stay there again at a discounted price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We very recently stayed at this hotel on a weekend trip to Asheville. We stayed one night and experienced no problems during our trip. Our room wasn't huge, but had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable! We enjoyed walking around the shops in the area and that it was so close to a Starbucks for the morning :) Although, if you'd rather, they do have a Keurig in the lobby! If there was anything I could have changed, I'd have preferred a better mountain view. It seemed like a waste to be in the beautiful mountains and have to see a parking lot...but, maybe other rooms have better views. I'm not sure if there is a way to request a mountain view, but that's the only downside in my mind to staying at this hotel. Easy access to Biltmore and downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BFH_Marketing, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Lexi B,

We are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful experience at our Hilton Asheville! We love our convenient location in Biltmore Park and are so glad you took advantage of it and explored the surroundings. We do have mountain view rooms available and you can request at check-in. Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your weekend trip and we hope to have you back again soon!

Lauren McDevitt
Guest and Marketing Relations
Hilton Asheville
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had a quick one night say here in October, 2012. I stayed the night, and gave a talk at an association lunch here the next day.

The hotel seems to be of recent construction, and looks great.

Front desk staff was crisp and friendly. My room was clean and nicely kitted out; a good night’s sleep.

I had dinner in the lobby restaurant, and dinner was fine. The meal I ordered was a bit overcooked, and the waitress quickly removed the charge from the dinner check. They had free lobby coffee in the morning.

I met with their A/V folks the night before, and they did an excellent job helping me ensure that my laptop and powerpoints would work perfectly with the room, their projectors and their screens. Excellent.

The lunch served at the associations’ meeting looked great, and the people I talked to said it was good. (I was speaking, so didn’t eat…)

I only have one complaint here (and, as always, I never post negative comments without telling a hotel manager beforehand. This time, I caught the GM in the lobby and told him directly.) The internet at this property is abysmal. They offer both wifi and Ethernet (hello? It’s the 90’s… they want their blue cables back), and NEITHER ONE WORKS! I tried with my laptop, my ipad and my iphone. Nothing. Then, I went downstairs to see if I could just print a boarding pass… the Front Desk clerk sent me over to the Bellstand by the front door. Guess what? Their internet connection was miserable, too! The hardwire computer at the bellstand was unable to get and hold a connection to Delta long enough to print a boarding pass. OUCH!

I told the GM the same thing I’ll tell you. Excellent hotel, crisp staff, clean rooms. If you need internet access, this might not be the place for you.

The GM indicated he knew there was an issue. Fine, but I hold you accountable for riding herd on AT&T (their vendor) and getting that fixed when you hear the complaint the first time. Telling me you know it’s an issue tells me you know it’s a problem and you haven’t rattled AT&T’s cage sufficiently to get it fixed.

Would I come back here? Do I recommend? Location (from the airport) is great, and it sits in a large shopping area a la Reston Town Center in Virginia. Great if you are shopping or visiting friends or don’t need internet. As a business hotel, I’d have to look for something else until they get the internet connection dealt with. And, again, I batch my reviews, so this was in October, 2012. Hopefully, someone from the property will chime in here and tell us that they’ve upgraded the infrastructure since October.

Room Tip: There are some rooms which overlook the interstate. Avoid those...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chauncey_Gardiner
Dear Chauncey_Gardiner,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Asheville. We are glad to here that you enjoyed many aspects of our beautiful property, including our wonderful staff and complimentary coffee. We do apologize for the internet issues you incurred while staying with us. The issues have been addressed and resolved with AT&T, but thank you for bringing them to our attention again. We do appreciate your business and hope that you will consider staying with us again!

Lauren McDevitt
Guest and Marketing Relations
Hilton Asheville
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

While living in the mountains of Western North Carolina, we as locals sometimes are spoiled by the beauty and surroundings that we take part in every day, so we sometimes fall into the trap of taking our local benefits for granted. One such benefit that I highly recommend to travelers and locals is to take the time to visit and stay at the Hilton of Biltmore Park if you get the chance. It probably sounds crazy for a local, who lives only 15 minutes from the Hilton to spend the nt there when they could have just as easy stayed in their own bed, but once you have tried it, I promise it will become an annual event for you and your family. The accomodations are second to none, with some of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The wonderful pool and workout facility help your family to unwind and forget about the every day rat race even if just for a day or two. The rooms are spotless and the staff treat you like royalty. With the location being in the center of Biltmore Park, you and your family have several restaurants to choose from as well as shops and a great movie theater just next door. I was extremely happy with the stay and would recommend this Hilton to anyone, from anywhere out there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel in a great location - movie theater, restaurants (including a Coldstone Creamery), CVS drug store and other shops in same complex as hotel, so within walking distance; do not have to leave complex, except to sight see.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great location - in a new development with shops/movie theater/cafes and restaurants within walking distance. Beautiful facility - lobby, rooms and pool. Fitness facility is limited but you can use a YMCA within walking distance for free that has everything you'd need. Staff is friendly and helpful. Food from restaurant was not that great. Otherwise - great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Efland, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

A great place to stay and delicious food too. The pool and jacuzzi were great also. Very relaxing!
Only 6 miles from the Biltmore. A very clean and new hotel, only 3 years old located in the Park with a lot of shopping near by.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends