“What a Gem!”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

First stay. Loved it! Ample room. Attentive staff. Great service! And we're picky. Delicious breakfast. Had the valets drooling over my vintage ride. We will only stay here when in Asheville from now on!
Arturo

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. We love being able to impress our guests, especially the ones with higher expectations. We so look forward to our next opportunity to serve you in Asheville.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed April 24, 2014

This hotel was wonderful from the start, we were greeted by friendly staff in parking lot who stated that since we were only staying the night there would be a comp on the valet service, however (James) fibbed as there was a charge on the bill at checkout and staff did not want to do anything about it. It was a birthday weekend and a card and ballons were given to my partner, however that was about it. I liked the room and ejoyed the location of the hotel to features we need and wanted to visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are honored that you came to visit on such a special occasion as your partner's birthday. I am very sorry that we gave you an erroneous charge and I would encourage you to contact me directly so that I can remedy this. I hope we have the opportunity to speak soon!

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The staff of Hotel Indigo made our stay in pleasant Asheville even more pleasant. The reception staff were knowledgeable and forthcoming. When the wait staff for breakfast was reduced by unplanned absences, all staff pitched in and went the extra mile to ensure customer service got delivered. And the valet staff were anticipatory and speedy; Joel, Carlos and the others were noteworthy for their friendliness and hospitality.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to acknowledge and recognize the passion of our team. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience in Asheville and humbled that you took the time to share that experience with us. We look forward to serving you next time.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I enjoyed my one-night stay at Hotel Indigo. Reception staff was pleasant and helpful in recommending area restaurants and in providing directions.

My room was stylish and had personality. Best of all---it was QUIET. I was not disturbed by traffic noise or other noise inside the hotel.

I enjoyed shopping and dining in the downtown area (walking distance from hotel).

Priceline room rate: $145.00
taxes & fees: $28.60

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that our cheerful team was able to provide guidance for you during your vacation in Asheville. We are so glad that you enjoyed a peaceful night of rest with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We enjoyed 4 nights at the indigo recently. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Free parking garage was great. within walking distance to everything downtown and convenient location when driving. We were on the 12th floor facing South (I think), view was nice. My parents were on the 3rd floor facing highway and it was noisy with window open, not worth the "mountain view" especially since our room had better mountain views than theirs. We had our 6mo old infant and got at crib for the room. Crib is not for babies, as there are small round bars with about 4inches of space between them, babies legs and arms kept getting stuck between bars. I used an extra sheet and wove it in and out of bars as a makeshift bumper, that worked well. Overall I would stay here again. It was a pleasant experience and everyone was extremely friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank USAmerican_traveler

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apologies that the crib was not ideal for your 6 month old! I understand as a mom how stressful that might have been. I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Rooms were nice, but some furniture a bit dated. Was there on a windy day and could feel the draft in my room. Don't get suckered in to paying extra for the "mountain view", as they fail to mention that it is also "noisy busy interstate view". Most staff was friendly except counter guy in restaurant. Had to check out a day early due to illness in family, since it was later in the day i was charged a full night, so this left a bad taste in my mouth. This is pretty typical of IHG brand properties, something you expect in a market like NYC or Vegas, but not here. Going to stick with my usual Marriott brands from now on - much more flexible.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Michaelf1215
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

We are truly remorseful that you did not enjoy your visit with us. Your feedback is essential in helping us improve our services. We are located in the thriving cultural mecca of Downtown Asheville, which unfortunately tends to draw a bit of adventurous traffic. We strive to constantly improve, and your detailed feedback is invaluable to our goal. I would like to invite you to connect with me directly via email to further discuss your experience.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We had a delightful stay at the Hotel Indigo. Thanks to TA, we requested an upper level room and were given a corner room on the 8th floor. Great view. Pleasant and helpful staff. Delicious breakfast of yogurt and granola with fresh blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. We will return.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn H
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

We are thrilled that you had such a great experience with us in Asheville! Our bistro team is proud to serve delicious, locally-sourced cuisine. We can't wait to serve you on your next visit!