“Enjoyed our stay”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We enjoyed 4 nights at the indigo recently. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Free parking garage was great. within walking distance to everything downtown and convenient location when driving. We were on the 12th floor facing South (I think), view was nice. My parents were on the 3rd floor facing highway and it was noisy with window open, not worth the "mountain view" especially since our room had better mountain views than theirs. We had our 6mo old infant and got at crib for the room. Crib is not for babies, as there are small round bars with about 4inches of space between them, babies legs and arms kept getting stuck between bars. I used an extra sheet and wove it in and out of bars as a makeshift bumper, that worked well. Overall I would stay here again. It was a pleasant experience and everyone was extremely friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank USAmerican_traveler
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my apologies that the crib was not ideal for your 6 month old! I understand as a mom how stressful that might have been. I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Rooms were nice, but some furniture a bit dated. Was there on a windy day and could feel the draft in my room. Don't get suckered in to paying extra for the "mountain view", as they fail to mention that it is also "noisy busy interstate view". Most staff was friendly except counter guy in restaurant. Had to check out a day early due to illness in family, since it was later in the day i was charged a full night, so this left a bad taste in my mouth. This is pretty typical of IHG brand properties, something you expect in a market like NYC or Vegas, but not here. Going to stick with my usual Marriott brands from now on - much more flexible.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Michaelf1215
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

We are truly remorseful that you did not enjoy your visit with us. Your feedback is essential in helping us improve our services. We are located in the thriving cultural mecca of Downtown Asheville, which unfortunately tends to draw a bit of adventurous traffic. We strive to constantly improve, and your detailed feedback is invaluable to our goal. I would like to invite you to connect with me directly via email to further discuss your experience.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We had a delightful stay at the Hotel Indigo. Thanks to TA, we requested an upper level room and were given a corner room on the 8th floor. Great view. Pleasant and helpful staff. Delicious breakfast of yogurt and granola with fresh blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. We will return.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn H
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

We are thrilled that you had such a great experience with us in Asheville! Our bistro team is proud to serve delicious, locally-sourced cuisine. We can't wait to serve you on your next visit!

Warmly,

Reviewed April 10, 2014

OK-here's Rule # 1-If you are not a coffee drinker, you are not allowed to work the morning waitstaff shift in any food service establishment, especially in a hotel. You cannot understand how important the first couple of cups are to a lot of us. Why do I have to get out of my seat and start over to the station to get a second cup? It wasn't that crowded-I assume it's just neglect and inattention to detail-hence the title of the review.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, on to the hotel. Don't get me wrong-the hotel is fine. But that's it. We had a penthouse-great view, but anyone can build a tall building on a hill. The room was comfortable, but no more so that a higher end limited service hotel. One of the tub fixtures was broken off of the wall and hanging in the tub, negating any thoughts of using it. I loved the bed, but it was very firm and that's a matter of personal opinion-another person in my party didn't.

The lobby was nice, but that gawdawful brochure rack was on prominent display-screaming Motel 6. In plain view of the lobby was a hallway stacked with all sorts of crap-water bottles, clothing etc. How hard is it to hide that stuff-or move it a few feet out of sight?

Breakfast service was uneven and the food was so-so. Oatmeal was good, but it was premixed with nuts, fruit and milk. Some of us like customize it, and even lesser hotels provide that ability. Condiments such as butter and syrup had to be requested-even though they were supposed to come with the item.

These may seem like picky things, but at nearly $200/night, I expect more.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Jagman100

Please allow me to apologize for what sounds like a lack-luster experience. What sets the Hotel Indigo apart, usually, is the personal touches in our customer service. It sounds like we missed the opportunity to "wow" you on multiple levels during your visit. I would like to invite you to contact me directly so that we can talk more in depth about what needs to change to dazzle you next time - or how we can alleviate some of your distress.

Warmest Wishes,

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We chose the hotel indigo based on ta reviews and were very impressed. Location was great for exploring Asheville. Room was one of the best I've seen. Nice size comfy beds beautiful decor wood floors. Lots of places to put stuff .... Especially in the
Bathroom . shower was huge and wonderful with a teak bench. Room was very quiet and had a great view. Valet parking was speedy. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bikerPa

We are delighted that you enjoyed a comfortable, relaxing stay with us in Asheville. This review kind of makes our day! We can't wait to serve you again on your next visit to Asheville!

Warmest Wishes,

Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night for our anniversary. It will be a cherished memory. I have to say that a penthouse suite with a fireplace and incredible views was surpassed by the warmth and attention of the staff. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Call ahead to get a mountain view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank knoxfencer

Thank you so much for such a phenomenal statement about our team. It is wonderful to hear when the care and dedication they put into their job is noticed. We look forward to your next visit to Asheville.

Warmly,

Reviewed April 4, 2014

It was the same hotel that the hunger games cast stayed in while making the hunger games in down asheville it was an awesome place to stay because you get great service and you get a nice clean bedroom to stay in for as long as you want to.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Josh-Hutcherson
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

We did quite enjoy hosting the star-studded cast of "The Hunger Games" when they filmed in Western North Carolina. They were a pleasure to serve. They left at the crack of dawn each morning to drive out to the set and returned each evening with endearing stories from filming. We simply extended the same level of service to Jennifer, Josh, and Liam that we extend to each of our guests.