“Modern hotel with convenient location”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Modern hotel with convenient location to downtown. We stayed here so we could be within walking distance of the cellular center. The hotel has modern decor and a trendy feel. The room was spacious and nice. The hotel staff was pleasant. There is a cafe/bar in the lobby which serves drinks and food. We got coffee there in the AM. I have 2 major complaints: the first is these walls are made of paper! You can here everything! It is not a quiet place to stay. My husband said he could hear other guests using the bathrooms! My second is the valet charges you $15, but no one told us that. Not the valet that parked our car, not the staff at the front desk and not the valet that delivered our car the next day. We only knew when there was a charge on our credit card from the hotel. They did refund this charge, but we feel it is something the guests should be aware of...its only fair to let your guests know. If it is written in the literature somewhere, that is not enough. Your guests should be informed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is quite unusual for our valet team to not share the cost of valet with our guests. I am so sorry for this communication error, I understand how frustrating it can be to see unexpected charges. I do so hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future, with better communication, and our newest efforts to sound-proof our rooms.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Great hotel, easy access to downtown Asheville. Nice room, got upgraded to better view. Nice little bar inside hotel for a late drink. Staff very friendly and accommodating.
Only constructive comment is we prefer wrapped plastic glasses in room. I know regular glasses seem more high end, but we worry about cleanliness.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim R

We are thrilled that you found us and enjoyed your visit in Asheville. We keep glasses in the rooms as opposed to plastic cups to cut down on our environmental footprint; however, if you would like plastic cups, we would be delighted to provide them for you on your next trip. We are happy to accommodate any request that makes you feel more comfortable, just shoot us an email. We look forward to serving you next time!

Best Wishes,

jbratcher@hlihotels.com

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight on February 8th, 2014 while visiting our daughter at UNC Asheville. The hotel is close to the city (a block) and is vibrant with plenty of open area space to visit, dine, etc. We appreciated this element by being able to chat to our daughter in the common areas .The room was immaculate with a huge shower. We also appreciated the complimentary underground parking that allowed us to leave our car in a safe place while we walked into the city and back. Every single one of the staff from the front desk, concierge, manager to those maintaining the hotel were genuinely friendly (no corporate scripts) and helpful. The fact that the staff here care and truly appreciate your business stands out from almost every other hotel we've visited (including higher end brands) in a few years. Asheville is a wonderful city to enjoy and we'll be back.

If there's a drawback it's that this chain accepts pets. While it doesn't bother us in most areas, wereally don't care for it in the dining area for hygienic reasons. That said, we knew this ahead of time and understand it is part of the Indigo brand and so cannot complain.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for this fabulous review! Our hotel is designed to be intuitive and inviting for our guests, and we are thrilled that you felt at ease. Our team strives to inspire our guests with genuine hospitality. We look forward to serving you on your next visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My daughter stayed as a guest of the Asheville Symphony and we joined her the day of the Saturday concert for a most enjoyable stay. What sets Indigo apart is the friendliness of the staff, starting with the valet parking lot attendant and leading to the front desk staff. Never curt, always solicitous and genuinely interested in making one's experience a good one. The lobby is small but well designed, with ample seating to put your feet up after a walk around Asheville. Its location is ideal, with easy access to I-240 and a maximum ten minute walk to restaurants and activities. Our 8th floor room was quiet, although I wonder if the lower floors would be affected by traffic noise from the interstate right below.

Our room was larger than most standard hotel rooms and was well appointed, with an enormous walk-in shower. Our only disappointment was the relatively weak shower spray, which would require a major facility upgrade in water volume/flow. Hallways were bright (when the "green" lighting sensors immediately turned on) and modern and elevators were quick and efficient. The lobby bar/restaurant was a continuation of the front lobby but was never loud. We did not use Indigo's restaurant due to the many offerings within a close walk.

All in all a great stay. Asheville Symphony was a 5 minute walk. We only wish our next stay will be longer.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be best, as well as rooms not directly facing Interstate I-240.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TUPF
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you so much for this terrific review. We are delighted that we were able to be your host for such a wonderful visit to Asheville. You will be happy to hear that we are actually planning on upgrading our water pressure this year. We hope to host you on a more leisurely Asheville vacation next time.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

First off, I want to thank the reviewers on this site because it made my experience at this hotel even better than it could've been.

This hotel really pays attention to reviews. Some of the negative things that other people experienced were helpful in showing me what to scrutinize in this hotel.

The staff was amazing and helpful, like most have said, and they made us feel really special.

I utilized the concierge services here and they were very flexible in helping to surprise my wife. My arrival time kept changing and they were able to adjust to my changes with ease. I also wanted something special delivered to a place outside of the hotel and they were spot on!

Ok, so the hotel- our room was beautiful! Some people mentioned 901 as a great room and I personally requested it! There were no issues with it other than someone had blocked the fire detector (probably to smoke) before we had the room.

On floor 9, we had no issues with outside sound at all. The view was amazing as well, but I will definitely get floor to ceiling windows next time.

I specifically requested to get a later checkout and they were able to accommodate that request for free, and no one interrupted us by knocking on the door or trying to come in before we were ready to leave!

Once again, the staff was great (thanks Brad), and it really made our weekend go by smoothly.

I thought that the food at the cafe was a little too high but it was very tasty.

I'm really pleased with this establishment and their willingness to be what they're in the business to be- hospitable.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rom1616

What a phenomenal review! You provide a perfect picture of how we hope to constantly improve and create exciting experiences for our guests. We hope to serve you again, soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed one night before an early morning flight home.
The front desk staff was so helpful and friendly. The hotel and room was VERY clean. The shower was huge, Aveda bath products, and comfy beds. This was a great hotel stay for us, and we would recommend it. My only regret is that we didn't get to spend any time in downtown Asheville, as we checked in so late, with 2 exhausted kids!!

Room Tip: Just ask…they are so happy to help. If I booked again, I would ask for the front side of the hotel...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank travelallover

Thank you for this wonderful review of our boutique hotel! We look forward to hosting you on a longer Asheville vacaction!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

When I checked into the hotel, I was upgraded to a suite because there were no more rooms available. This was a pleasant surprise for my four day stay. On the twelveth floor it was very peaceful and quiet. I enjoyed the fact that the hotel is about a couple blocks away from almost everything in the downtown area. The staff were extremely nice and welcoming. I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back to the hotel again.

Room Tip: The mountain view suite was fabulous.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Kmari78

We are delighted that you enjoyed a relaxing stay in one of our penthouse suites! The panoramic views are simply stunning, any time of year! We so look forward to to hosting you on your next Asheville vacation.