Just stayed in a "king view suite" on the 12th floor. Below are my pros and cons of the stay.
1. Location. The hotel is easy accessed from the highway (which is also a potential con; see below). You can walk to all of the downtown shops, restaurants, and attractions in an easy 5-10 minutes. You won't need your car after check-in unless you need to venture outside of downtown.
2. Staff. Everyone is extremely friendly. I received a call one week prior to my check-in from the hotel's concierge. She was very knowledgeable, and sent a thorough email with numerous, helpful suggestions based upon our telephone conversation. Everyone at the hotel was friendly, and very responsive.
3. Lobby. The hotel has a great lobby with an open restaurant and full bar area. You can buy all the basics such as coffee, water, local brews, snacks, etc. I also saw a short, but good menu for breakfast. I am not sure whether a menu is offered for lunch and/or dinner.
4. Room. The "king view suite" is described as a "penthouse" on the hotel's website, but is actually located on the 12th floor (of 13). I found the photographs on the hotel's website to be extremely accurate. Our room did not have a tub (one was not promised), but did have a large walk-in shower. Aveda bathroom amenities were a nice touch. Overall, the room was very spacious, modern, and clean. Wi-Fi in the room was great. The bar area of the living room had a Keurig coffee maker, a mini-fridge, and a bar sink. The terrace had great views of the mountains, a large dining table with chairs, and a separate sitting area.
1. Location. While the location of the hotel is great for walking to downtown activities, it is literally right next to the main highway which stays busy throughout the day and night. We were 12 floors up, and could hear a decent amount of noise from the highway. During the day, the noise was not a problem. But, at night, the noise was a little annoying when you tried to go to sleep. If you are a light sleeper, try requesting a room that faces downtown. Unfortunately, you will probably lose some of the great mountain views.
2. Elevators. If you use the elevators during the morning/mid-day hours, you may encounter delays. There did not appear to be a service elevator so everyone is vying for the hotel's two elevators. In the morning, we got on the elevator several times with staff who were riding one floor up or down with cleaning carts, room service carts, etc. Again, everyone was friendly, but it made for a long ride when you stop at every floor.
3. Little details. There was no bottled water in the room even for purchase. Of course, this was remedied by going to the lobby to buy water. I did request several bottles be placed in the room one day which the front desk staff quickly did. When the cleaning service restocked the coffee, they forgot to restock the napkins, cream, sugar, and stirrers. The hotel website said that a newspaper would be delivered to the room daily, but this never happened. There were, however, several different newspapers available in the lobby.
Overall, I was pleased with the hotel, especially the friendliness of the staff. I would likely return, but would consider requesting a room that is less subject to the highway noise (that is just a personal preference as a light sleeper).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown reflects the city itself- vibrant, eclectic, soulful, and embracing! Come and experience this boutique hotel in the heart of downtown. Our convenient downtown Asheville location allows you to leave your car- and cares, behind, as you explore this unique area! Spacious rooms, full-service bar and bistro, and spa-inspired bathrooms complete with Aveda products, ensures your stay will leave you feeling pampered and renewed! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.