“Nice property, room cleaning needs some work.”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 14, 2013

While this is a great property with a convenient location the room cleaning left something to be desired. When I got into my room after a great first impression from friendly staff, I went to set my computer on the desk and noticed a large coffee spill that was never wiped up. I used one of the wash cloths to clean it up. Then upon making my coffee in the morning in the coffee maker I noticed the used coffee K-cup was still in the coffee maker. Cleaning out the coffee maker is a rather important task for a hotel in my opinion. The bathroom is great and I love the large tile shower.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ColoradoFigment
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you so much for bringing these oversights to our attention. Our most valuable tool for improving is the feedback from our guests. I deeply apologize that you received less than our standard of sparkling clean rooms. I invite you to contact me directly if we can somehow make this up to you.

Warmest Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in early October.
The hotel is very nicely decorated , quite modern. The rooms are large with great bathrooms.
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.
The location is kind of on the edge of the downtown area but really no more than a 10 minute walk to the heart of the city.
It was our first trip to Asheville and we really enjoyed the city, small but with a lot of restaurants and bars.
We spent a full day at the Biltmore, it was very impressive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so gad you were able to enjoy the magnificence of Asheville during your visit with us.Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your next visit.

Warmest Wishes,

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. It's new and beautiful with a great staff. Our waiter, Jamie had great suggestions of what to do and so friendly. Love the on site self-parking, very convenient. However with downtown, attractions, restaraunts and the river arts section within walking distance, who needs the car.

Room Tip: The higher floors have great views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JJGrantham

We are delighted you enjoyed the recommendations of one of our star team members, Jamie! We so hope you return to Asheville again, soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend getaway. Our room was on the 8th floor and had a nice view of the city. The staff was very friendly and greeted us in the parking lot as soon as we got out of our car. The rooms are all laminate hardwood (no carpet) which I think contributed to the room smelling much cleaner than most hotel rooms. The bathroom was amazing even in a standard room. It's a 5 minute walk from most restaurants and no more than a 15 minute walk from anywhere downtown. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tigermark82
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice review with us! We cherish any opportunity to provide a unique experience in Asheville for our guests. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Indigo is a perfect hotel - if you want a decent night's sleep in a great downtown location. The amenities are few, but the ones offered are excellent. The contemporary room design makes great use of the space. There is a 40 inch tv with a full slate of cable selections. The bathroom is a typical 2.5 star bathroom with some odd finishes, but it was fine. Water pressure was fantastic.

Due to a sudden cold front in Asheville we didn't venture out which left us on property for drinks or dinner. The food was fantastic and a surprise. Being so close to the Grove Arcade, it is worth a walk from the hotel but the Indigo didn't disappoint. Highly recommend the property - but please understand it is quirky in design.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

We so appreciate your kind words. We delight in the elegance of simplicity We are thrilled that you enjoyed the made-from-scratch cuisine from our bistro. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to Asheville.

Warmest Wishes,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Indigo. The rates were really high but the location was great, right in the middle of downtown and close to the Cellular Arena. The room was nice, the bed comfortable and the noise from the interstate did not bother us at all. In fact, I would not have thought to mention it other than the fact that I read some of the other reviews prior to our stay and was concerned about it. Recommend Mayfels and Nine Mile restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

We treasure reviews such as this! Thank you for this glowing feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed some comfort and tranquility during your visit. We hope to see you in Asheville again soon!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Retro swank decor. Motion detector energy saving lights in halls. Large bath, small room. Decor is so nice that size of room didn't matter (single queen bed in room). My room was on low level facing highway....got last room on a busy weekend. They gave me a Brookstone noise maker when I could not switch rooms.
The sound of waves from noisemaker made highway noise not so bad or disturbing (decided against hassle of trying to switch rooms next night due to noise maker). Shower is HUGE. Grout tiling on bath floor (but not shower tiling) could use better cleaning but no other cleanliness issues. Could use more shower gels and more items in bathroom. Very nice coffee maker. One disturbing thing that has not happened to me in any other hotel....I left a do not disturb sign on door and left for day...I came back to see a made up room so apparently my sign was ignored. I left stuff out that I would not have if I thought someone would be there. Don't like invasion of privacy feeling. Room could use a lot more electric outlets. Bartender was very talented in making specialty craft drinks. Food was very good. Hotel did a lot with small space. Parking is free for self park but spaces are limited. Not far walk to bustling downtown concert hall. Didn't have time to explore but downtown Asheville was vibrant and busy. Staff quite nice, friendly and accomodating with personal touch. Very very expensive, very very pleasing stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a thorough review. We are simply delighted you enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for calling our attention to the disturbances you experienced with our housekeeping team. We sincerely regret that you felt that your privacy was invaded. Please let me know the next time you visit. We look forward to improving your next stay.