“Fantastic and chic”

GreenLeadersGold level
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Fantastic and chic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

What a find. Excellent service, amazing modern decor, good location and very pet friendly.
My daughter was celebrating her 14th birthday and the concierge had our room ready with flowers, balloons, confetti, streamers, and even plates, forks and napkins for the cake. My daughter was so thrilled.
Food is incredible. Have the French toast, steel cut oatmeal with fresh granola, or breakfast wrap for starters. I just had a late dine-in dinner of cheeseburger and salad that was award winning. They even have live music downstairs. What a delightful find! Couldn't before pleased. Details and staff are the best.

Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Everyone at this hotel is awesome. So so friendly. Morgan was so accommodating and helpful. Sarah, Mike, Joel were great. We felt like we were among friends. Room and location were also excellent! Way I go Indigo! Also, P.S. to Morgan, Go Bears!

• Stayed October 2013
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Like this hotel better than I expected to. The first impression I got was that it was way too close to highway, a kind of gritty location. Inside though it was sleek and modern. Comfortable room with spacious shower, large vanity and windows thick enough to block traffic sounds. The staff were wonderful, very helpful at front desk and the girls at the little cafe were especially gracious. I appreciated the easy walk to downtown Asheville with it's many restaurants and interesting (not chain) shopping opportunities. Will definitely stay here again when I come to Asheville.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I chose the Indigo because it was the halfway point between Myrtle Beach, SC and Louisville, KY. The pictures looked beautiful, but I knew I would be arriving late and probably only get to sleep and take a shower. Immediately upon arriving, I regretted that one night was all I had to spend at the Hotel Indigo. The lobby of the hotel is beautiful and full of color. The woman at the front desk was lovely and handled the reservation efficiently to allow me to get upstairs and get to sleep (it was past 11pm.) Entering the room was a fantastic experience. All the locks were simple and just a wave of a keycard opened them. The king room was gorgeous with colorful art on the walls. The walk in shower was lovely and had Aveda toiletries. I chose the room with a breakfast included and upon waking, there was an envelope under the door with two $12 breakfast vouchers to use at the lovey restaurant downstairs. The Hotel Indigo is a gorgeous boutique hotel that I will stay at every time I drive through Asheville, NC.

Pros:
Easy, key card access to all doors and parking
Keurig Coffee maker with tea and coffee
Beautiful partial city and mountain view from the room
Lovely walk in shower with Aveda Toiletries
Free, easy parking
Colorful, lovely restaurant with decently priced breakfast (for a boutique hotel)

Cons:
Food at the restaurant was not as good as the atmosphere would lead you to believe
Bed was a little harder than expected
For the price, the room was a bit small

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a wonderful experience in Ashville - but the real surprise we the terrific hotel ! Incredible, service from the valet and doorman(Jim) to the salesmanager (Susan). All personal were extreamly friendly and helpful- even greeted by name coming and leaving the hotel. Our room was suite 1208. It impeccably appointed with all the amenities of other five star hotels. The view from this corner room, with a balcony, had the city on one side and the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains on the other. The bed was extreamly comfortable and it was within a five minute walk to the best resturants in town. It's the Best place to stay in Ashville.

Room Tip: Great breakfast in the lobby.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

After a horrible four nights in Lansing NC in a rickety cabin I have to say that I couldn't have been more excited to walk in to the lobby of Indigo. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the room was fantastic. We had out little dog with us and rather than seem annoyed they were very friendly, even offering him water while we checked in. Also the room was very nicely appointed and we LOVED the walk in shower. Couldn't recommend a better place to stay in Asheville. Amazing hotel, amazing city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had a wonderfully fantastic stay. As an Asheville resident I don't often get the chance to enjoy local hotels but the kids were off school on a Friday and instead of road tripping to Gatlinburg, they voted on a mini stay-cation so I jumped on priceline and got a great rate on a room at the Hotel Indigo (which is listed on Priceline as one of three 4 star properties in Asheville). From the time I called ahead to request two beds or a bed and pull out sofa (spoke with a very professional and friendly guy named Brad) to the time we ended our stay, we were made to feel like honored guests. At check in Morgan and Lisa greeted us enthusuastically with warm smiles and attentive service. Joel, a parking attendant was as helpful and informative as he was cheerful. The room/suite was delightful, clean as a whistle, well appointed and afforded us stunning views of our beloved mountains and charming city. Loved the oversized shower, aveda HBC products, bathrobes, artwork, color scheme, high end furnishings, comfortable bed, heavy curtains and convenient downtown (but right off of 240) location. My kids were especially thrilled to stay at the same hotel as some of "The Hunger Games" cast (or so they they tell me). We drive by the hotel everyday and I have always wanted to check out the rooms so I was more than happy to check in (but we didn't want to check out!). As great as the room and property was, the employees we encountered are the ones who really made it a terrific stay for us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family