“Excellent customer service in perfect location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent customer service in perfect location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is overpriced, but can be booked at a discount on Hotwire and other sites. It is a very nice,modern hotel. The location is perfect for exploring the downtown Asheville area. I was most impressed with their customer service. Every staff member was eager to assist and very helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Customer service is our number one priority, and I am thrilled that you enjoyed that aspect of your visit with us. However, we do hope to provide an excellent value - please let me know if you have any feedback that might help us provide some extra value for the price you pay. Again, thank you for sharing your insights with us!

jbratcher@hlihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The Indigo is a great place to stay downtown in Asheville. Newly constructed with modern facilities and hip furnishings in spacious rooms. Add a massive and comfortable bed and it does not get a lot better than this. There is convenient on-site car parking and a good bistro for snacks and meals. The staff are young and switched on and a pleasure to deal with.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review with us! I am overjoyed to hear you enjoyed your visit with us! We look forward to enhancing your next Asheville experience.

Warm Regards,

East TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

What can I say, but you have to see it, to believe it. The view from the top floor at over 130 feet is awe inspiring. As part of the IHG program, we had priority check in with no hassles. The parking garage is tight, but convenient being on site and enclosed. Our room was magnificent, with a king Bed, a convenience or galley style kitchen and a dining room that lead to a large balcony. Our view covered the downtown and the mountains. The outdoor table was perfect for a bottle of wine and friends. We also had two, good sized flat screen TV's, one in the bedroom and one in the den/ dining area. This is our favorite park and walk, downtown hotel. The social lounge area ion the lobby floor is convenient and offers some libations and food. Way to go Intercontinental Hotel Group, the Hotel Indigo is an awesome part of the program.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor with a view. Bottom floors are close to live music in lounge.
Green Features: A recycle bin was available in our room. I could feel the "Go green" theme throughout the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for this outstanding review! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed our gorgeous penthouse suites! We hope you come visit again in the autumn and experience a view of the mountains caught aflame in fall color. We are honored to be your hotel of choice in beautiful downtown Asheville; and we look forward to continuing to earn your loyalty.

Warmest Wishes,

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here on a Priceline "deal," and was disappointed to find myself in an island between two busy streets, one a major thoroughfare. The parking lot was basically empty when I arrived, but I was given a room on the third floor. The staff who greeted me seemed unfocused and a little confused. When I asked the desk clerk if I could please have a room on a higher floor, I was told that with my type of reservation, I could only have a room on the third or fourth floors. Gone are the days of first-rate treatment through Priceline! The hotel itself is one of the ultra-modern styles along the lines of an Aloft or, on a slightly lower scale, a W. The room itself was nicely supplied and decorated, but small. The bed, labelled as queen-sized, was cush but small. The shower was glass-enclosed and outstanding. The floors are a cool laminate, much more sanitary than carpets, but cool to the feet. A bedside rug would be a nice addition. Due to the road noise, I finally had to ask for the room on the fourth floor, which held a king-sized bed. This room was a little larger and a little quieter. The bed was ultra comfortable, the toiletries were nice but nonscented. There is no refrigerator, but there were excellent coffee supplies and a good coffee bar downstairs. I ultimately had a satisfactory stay, and the staff worked to amend the early check-in experience. I could recommend the hotel, with the caveat that you should ask for a room on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Insist on a room on the higher floors and away from the highway.
Green Features: The hotel seems to have a focus on a nonallergenic environment.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank debnc11
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed our ultra-comfortable beds and delectable coffee! I am sorry to hear that your initial impression was not the best. We can certainly ensure that we reserve a King room on a higher floor for you in the future, to avoid the highway side of the hotel. A bedside rug sounds like something we can certainly provide on your next visit, just let us know! We look forward to serving you next time!

Warm Regards,

atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Close to downtown...short walk.
Great bathroom and shower...pillows and bed.
Our room had separate room for dressing and breakfast with mini kitchen, very cozy.
Wonderful staff.
Good drinks and food and light breakfast available on main floor

Room Tip: Ask the front desk or bar tender for where to go or anything else. They are most helpful and friend...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for these kind words! I am delighted that you enjoyed our spacious, boutique suites! It was our pleasure to serve you during your visit to Asheville. We look forward to your next visit!

Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Hotel is in an excellent location to take in all of downtown Asheville, NC. The rooms are quite spacious, very modern. The staff, though attempting to be present and helpful, acted like they were in a dorm room in a College...they may well have been students with summer jobs.

They acted like kids playing at "the job" of running a hotel. The atmosphere was chaotic and we were happy to get out of the lobby area and up to our room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank blueweaver
Thank you for your feedback. It is heartbreaking to read that our team did not treat you with the professionalism and courtesy each of our guests deserve. I deeply apologize for the reception you received with us, and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you bringing this oversight to our attention. Allow me to assure you that this will be addressed and corrected immediately. If there is anything we can do to put your mind at ease, please contact me directly.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

First, this is a great location, within walking distance of downtown. However, when we got to our room it was not the cleanest. There were pieces of paper outside the door -- no big deal -- but once inside there were human hairs all over. I can deal with that. What I cannot deal with is the disgusting toilet. When I told the desk clerk upon checkout about the condition of the toilet (I had a picture, which is not appropriate to post), she did not seem overly concerned. I want to make it clear that I was not looking for any type of remuneration: I simply hoped that the staff of a hotel where I paid over $300 would feel the urgency I felt when it comes to cleanliness. She did not. She said she would talk to housekeeping and seemed to brush me off. Ok.

The staff in general were not very friendly or helpful. From the parking attendant, who told us not to bother trying to check in to our room yet, to the desk clerk our first day, who was less than welcoming, the staff never made us feel "at home." The morning of checkout there was a knock at our door at 9:15 am waking us up. It was someone on the staff who said they would "check back later." How about after check-out time?

We wanted to stay at the Hotel Indigo because it was "pet friendly." It is really "pet tolerant." Most upscale pet-friendly hotels go out of their way to welcome their furry guests, but this hotel didnt even have a water dish in the room when I asked for one. Fortunately I brought my own. And their dog walking area is a small plot that can barely accommodate one dog (see photo).

In all, I would not recommend Hotel Indigo for any reason. Their wifi was spotty, the rooms were less than clean, and the staff was not welcoming. I stay in a lot of hotels, and mostly upscale hotels, but Hotel Indigo will not be getting my business again, nor will it be getting my recommendation.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank elizarenn
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us such a thorough review. Your feedback is essential in our quest to constantly improve. We strive to provide supreme customer service and immaculately- cleaned rooms and I am just devastated that this was not the experience you received. I would like to invite you to contact me personally so that we can resolve your unique situation. My email is jbratcher@hlihotels.com.