“Great place in Asheville”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta
“Great place in Asheville”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

When we come to Ashevill, we like to park the car and walk. With the Indigo, parking is in the basement, and walking - to all our favorite Asheville places - is right out the door. Very attentive staff, rooms very well appointed, and easy to get in and out, as hotel is more "boutique" sized. But the comfort, cleanliness, and cool factor of the hotel - coupled with a (very) short walk to great restaurants, shops and etc. makes this a favorite place to stay.

Room Tip: Views to sourth side are better (non interstate). But all rooms are good here!
Green Features: Linen use and waste compost, recycling a plus (am a fanatical recycler).
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a boutique type hotel in downtown Asheville. We stayed there a couple of years ago and decided to return for our anniversary. My husband had requested a higher floor with a view. Well, when we checked in they had upgraded us to one of the 12th floor suites. Floor to ceiling windows facing the mountains and a split of champagne awaiting us. Just gorgeous view! and great staff from housekeeping to front desk. Always a smile or greeting. Plenty of options for a quick meal provided in the lobby and the bar is well stocked. Location is perfect I would heartily recommend it!

Room Tip: We always ask for a king bed and a room away from the elevator.
Green Features: Very green. Recycling bags in the room as well as low water flush toilet and oneply TP.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for this terrific review. I am elated to heart that we were able to make your anniversary experience extra special! We so look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We met friends from another state and spent 3 nights. The location is superior. The highway access and walking access to Intown Asheville could not be better. It area is safe as well albeit not on the prettiest block. As a sidebar the hotels architecture is a complete mismatch for Asheville - not in a good way.
The service is excellent - food options are solid - the exercise room had all I needed
I would be eager to return - just maybe Payless . Note parking is free but you feel like you are supposed to valet - no need FYI

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank BJCtravelin
Cincinnati
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was in a suite on an upper floor that looked out over the city and the view was outstanding. I had room service while I was there and found it to be a cut above the offerings at most hotels. The bathroom mirror had a crack, which I thought was a real shame because it let down what was an otherwise tasteful decor. With that being said I loved the whole modern feel of the hotel and if you are looking to be located near down town you can't beat the location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the gorgeous view from your penthouse suite. I am sorry to hear that their was a crack in the mirror, but I appreciate you letting us know! We will have that mirror repaired promptly! As always, let us know if you think of any other ways in which we can improve!

Warm Wishes,

Dunlap, Tennessee
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just a quick trip to Asheville for my husband and me to unwind, and this was just what we needed. It is convenient and within walking distance to many restaurants, bars, shops. Staff was very friendly. Not enough KCups for coffee but all we had to do was ask and they provided. James, the parking attendant, repeatedly gave great service with a big smile.

Room Tip: Top floors offer best view.
Green Features: GREAT but they need to figure out how to increase the water pressure in the shower.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing this charming review! I am so glad to see that you had a chance to relax and unwind in Asheville. We always appreciate feedback, so don't hesitate to let us know if you have more!

Warm Wishes,

alexandria, va
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent as its located in downtown near the grove arcade, other shops, short walk from the Orange Peel and many other things located in that part of the town. The decor is modern and very sleek which I found very appealing. Staff was very nice and accomodating with all of our interactions. Thought it was a really good value with all things considered.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind compliments of our boutique hotel in downtown Asheville. We love hearing when our guests enjoy their experience in Asheivlle. As always, please let us know if you think of any ways that we can improve!

Warmest Regards,

Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Indigo for two nights in a "King Room With A View" and brought my dog along. First, I love how dog friendly this hotel is. There are dogs and dog lovers everywhere, and it is clear why: we all felt very welcome. The hotel is visually very stunning, very stylish and modern. Everywhere in the hotel that we went, including our room, was immaculate. The room was cool looking and comfortable, but I would say it is lacking in amenities for the price. Not that we were promised anything we weren't given, but in this day in age, a mini-fridge/microwave set-up is standard in any room in any hotel, in my experience, and there wasn't one. Yes, we had a fully stocked Keurig and top quality soaps/shampoos, but to me, this represents the general viewpoint of the whole hotel: fully equipped in not quite necessary details, but lacking in the basics. It is almost as if they put the Keurig there in hopes that you won't notice there is no mini-fridge or microwave. The hotel is right downtown so the location is very convenient, but parking is sort of a mess and sometimes it is difficult to find a spot and you have to make a few rounds through the garage and top lot which is more difficult than it sounds. As far a staff are concerned, they were very friendly and accomodating. My biggest accolade to them is one that any dog lover will appreciate: when we were away from the room, we left the tv on, windows open, and a few lamps on so that our dog would be more comfortable in a strange location having some nice background noise like he would hear at home. I was so happy to see that room service, being used to cleaning the rooms of dog lovers, must have realized those things were intentional and not mistakes (leaving the room and "forgetting" to turn off the tv or lights) and left them just as we did. Our dog was very comfortable during the whole stay, and was never nervous or anxious like he has been at other hotels. Being a longtime sufferer of back/shoulder/neck problems, the bed situation at any hotel matters a lot to me. In my opinion, you could tell the mattress was on the cheap side because it was firm around the edges but starting to sink in the center. I would estimate that if it isn't replaced within a month, you will start seeing some serious negative reviews on here. I did really like the pillows though. The view was nice, as promised, and one of my favorite things about the room were all the large windows (I am a huge windows fan, view or not, because of natural light). Speaking of light, I really loved the lighting of the room as it was lit mainly by small lamps situated around the room instead of glaring flouresent overhead lights. So overall, I enjoyed my stay but I have also stayed at all of the boutique hotels in Asheville (which Hotel Indigo is competing with) and I would say that although Indigo is cool and modern, it is the least competitive as far as value is concerned and I would call it overpriced, especially in comparison with some of the other hotels and what you get for the same rate. My advice to Hotel Indigo: Pay more attention to the basics and give more credit to your guests, instead of assuming you can dazzle them with extras and trick them into not noticing the things that are missing. Oh, and I would definitely add a mini-fridge/microwave to each room and at the very least, upgrade those mattresses if you don't want to have to just replace them every 3 months.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a room with a view.
Green Features: They clearly make an effort to be environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear cwhittaker1,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff, the bath amenities and the view.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding parking arrangement, room amenities and the mattress condition. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.