“Great corner room!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Miami
“Great corner room!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

My family of 4 stayed here in a great corner room. Plenty of space even after staying in the "presidential suite on our last hotel in Atlanta"
Fast room service, love the location, was expecting an upgraded holiday inn, but it actually is not bad at all"
Only negative was the awful water pressure in the big beautiful shower"

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank pilarcm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

A bit pricey for a hotel room but the location and the services offered (valet parking, bar with food service in lobby) along with the clean room really made it worth it. Just outside the main tourist downtown area, we were able to walk 3 blocks and be at the stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over 240, that way you are looking at all the trees and the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CindyR213
Wallace, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Indigo for two nights last week. Conveniently located off I240, this is a combination boutique hotel/apt building. Nice rooms w/ hardwood floors, great bed and good shower. Serves lemonade or ice tea in the afternoon w/ complimentary brownies. Elevators are small, and somewhat slow. Lobby bar is nice, but for $8+ a drink get rid of that measured shot. If you must drink the daily specials ie $2.50 Mimosa are a much better option. Also, probably should skip the valet parking ($15), as the self parking is very convenient. All in all a good hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up room, we were on the 2nd floor looking at the parking lot, higher rooms probably...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Though average review - it is not a reflection of the beauty of the hotel and amenities, but the management. For such a nice hotel, with lovely rooms and views, I found the management to be not at the same calibre. I requested a one night extension at the same rate, and was told to speak with the manager, Sherry (sp?), the following day. When I went down to speak with her the next morning, I was given a message by a staff person that to extend my stay by a night would be at a significantly higher rate. I was not given the common courtesy of speaking directly to a manager (found that very odd considering she was there in the hotel and on duty). I understand it being a holiday season, but it was particularly rainy the whole week and the room was available for another night, and my take is that "true and outstanding customer service" is about making your customers happy. So, I give this hotel a modest rating not for its accommodations but it needs to improve its customer service by its managers to be considered a top notch hotel in Asheville. The hotel could have earned a loyal customer during our first stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brightstar01
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As a collective team, our priority is excellent customer service. It is helpful to know when we may not be providing the "wow" effect we so desire, even as a management team. You, as our guest, are our best resource for knowing when and how to improve.
If you feel so inclined, do connect with me directly the next time you chose to visit the lovely city of Asheville. I would be honored for another opportunity to provide you with our famous southern hospitality.

Warmest Regards,

Jamie Bratcher
jbratcher@hlihotels.com
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed at the Indigo last year and thought the hotel was great. My thoughts have since changed after my last stay.
First off, the hotel staff were great, I have no complaints. We decided on this stay to spend a couple extra dollars and stay in an executive suite. The room was just plain awful for price. It basically looked and felt like a private hospital room and for two people it was very cramped.
The absolute worst thing about the stay was the noise from adjoining rooms. Granted we were surrounded by party animals, but even when they toned it down after a call to the front desk we could still hear every little noise that they made. The walls are thin and most of the noise travels through the hvac vents, a serious flaw in the design of this hotel.
The hotel did reimburse us for one night and that was nice of them. I am, however, not happy with the fact that I was charged $15.00 a day for valet service that I didn't use. My vehicle was parked for me when I arrived because I basically had no choice, I was blocked in.
I didn't notice this charge until I got home. Considering we got a free night they can keep their $45.00.

Room Tip: Executive suites are not worth the extra money. They are not as nice as standard rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank scottminot
I appreciate that you took the time to write us some feedback. I am so sorry that your perception of our hotel deteriorated so drastically. Our team is our most valuable asset, and I am pleased that you experienced their excellent service. We are currently undergoing renovations in our beautiful penthouse suites to alleviate any discomfort with noise. If there is anything at all we can do to alleviate the stress of your trip, please contact me at jbratcher@hlihotels.com.

Warmest Regards,
Jamie Bratcher
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

By staying downtown, we were able to park the car and walk everywhere. Restaurants, shops & points of interest all within a 5 block radius. This was great since Asheville is congested.
The staff could not have been more accommodating. Great food in the café.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Easley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I had tickets for a sunrise hot air balloon ride. We were scheduled to meet the shuttle at 6:20AM at a downtown parking garage. I went to my favorite travel site, Trip Advisor, to find a downtown hotel and decided on Hotel Indigo. Our balloon ride was cancelled due to predicted high winds but we still enjoyed our stay in Asheville. Our reservation was for a corner room with a view of the city, mountains, and a king bed. We were taken to a room by the interstate, very noisy, with a double or queen bed. We went down to the desk and were reassigned . Our next room was a large corner room with lots of windows and a king bed. I had requested a fridge for my husband's meds but none available. I don't know if other rooms have tubs, this one didn't. Personally I prefer a bath. Hotel has very limited parking for check in/check out The hotel is within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, and public parking. We plan to stay at Hotel Indigo when we reschedule the balloon ride. If you stay here, check out the 151 Bistro located in the lobby. Great breakfast.

Room Tip: corner room. .Do not stay by interstate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple