“Great location, facilities, and service”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
GLENMOORE
“Great location, facilities, and service”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were warmly greeted by hotel staff when we pulled up front. The hotel was clean, modern, and in a great location. It is just a short walking distance to downtown Asheville. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. This is definitely an upscale experience without the upscale price. We will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
Chicago
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Mixed emotions on this one. We stayed in one of the multiple "penthouse" suites, which were comfortable, and nicely furnished and modern. All in all very attractive with fine facilities. Never did figure out what the locked door to the "Place Of Refuge" was on the top floor. My reservation is being just off downtown, very high on a hill, overlooking an expressway. The wind really whistled at night and, although this could have reflected a temporary weather phenomenon, we were not there during a storm. Also, the noice from the expressway was noticable. My teenage daughter had difficulty sleeping. On a similar note, the balcony, while impressive, was for the hearty as it overlooked a long drop down with only a shallow guard rail. Would probably elect to stay more in town next time.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the expressway might be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ChiHipster
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear ChiHipster,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the penthouse and the view.

However, We’re sorry about the expressway noise during your stay. We will look into this point. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We checked in 2-14-13 for a little Valentine get away and were greeted with cookies. This is a wonderful place to stay when in Asheville, super spacious, had a gorgeous view and absolutely beautiful. Very upscale, modern and so clean, no carpet - beautiful floors, nice reading space, keurig and my goodness a huge bathroom and a fantastic shower. The bed was very comfy. We stayed on the sixth floor and the view was awesome. Really liked the parking under the hotel and the security for the elevator is very cool. We enjoyed everything about this hotel - all pros here no cons.

1 Thank claytonnc
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great place! They were super sweet to my puppy and gave me an upgrade to a view room (Corner with mountain view), just wonderful! Rooms were nice and spacious, the coffee addict in me rejoiced because we had a Keurig, and the room was just great! Fabulous location.

Downside was the shower, took almost 10 min before it got hot. Loved my stay.

Room Tip: Bring your pup :)
1 Thank Helene G
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed February 18, 2013

First off I took my wife here for her 30th Birthday, and I have only amazing things to say about Hotel Indigo Asheville. Jamie at the concierge desk did wonders to help make my wife's birthday memorable and generally awesome. Thanks Jamie!

We rented to King room with a View and we directed to the City view by the concierge over the Mountain view. It was a good choice as we had a city and mountain view from the room. The room was on the corner of building and had two walls with large windows. The room was great. You walk into a foyer which is separated from the main room with a transparent divider. The room was huge, and the bathroom and shower were plenty big as well.

We were greeted with bottle of bubbly and chocolate-covered strawberries on the house (thanks!). I had the concierge set up balloons, wine, and a cheese-plate for when we arrived back at the hotel after the Biltmore on my wife's B-day. Everything went according to plan and the wife loved it!

We ate breakfast every morning in the hotel and I was pleasantly surprised by the food and the waitstaff was great.

I can't say enough about how Hotel Indigo was the complete package and far from your average hotel stay. Thanks again for making our weekend memorable!

Room Tip: King Room with View is well worth the upgrade
1 Thank funkswing
AVL-Indigo-AGM, Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
funkswing,
Thank you for your kind review! I am excited to hear that you had such a lovely experience, and that your wife had a wonderful birthday celebration in Asheville. I can't stress how incredibly proud we all are of Jamie. Although we like to make all of our guests feel special, we love it when we get to help create a memorable experience. Our staff, and Jamie in particular, get very excited and love to come up with creative and spontaneous ways to surprise our guests. Please return to Hotel Indigo when you come back to Asheville! Even if it's not a birthday, we will still make sure that you feel special!
Kindest Regards,
Henry Rice
Assistant General Manager
Petoskey, Michigan
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

The bathroom was beautiful! Great towels. The room was way above average - modern and spotless. Great linens. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Quickly responded to request for extra towels. I will definitely stay here anytime I'm in Asheville.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank SailorN
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed on the 7th floor for one night in February of 2013. Had a very nice stay and I will definitely return. I wish more hotels in America were this nice for this price.

PROs:
- Great room with modern materials and decorations.
- Wonderful bathroom with a great shower.
- Comfortable bed and pillows.
- Room was quiet -- I slept well.
- Good location -- it's easy to find and close to downtown.
- Free wireless internet access was fast and reliable.

CONs:

- The parking deck under the hotel is a bit tight for larger vehicles.
- The chair at the desk was too low.
- The floor in my room was always cold on bare feet.
- View from my room was of a parking lot.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the West side of the building have the best views of the mountains and the sunset.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jwc3
jwc3,
Thanks for your review. We love to hear when our guests have had such a wonderful experience! As I mentioned in another review, we are in the final stages of adding valet service and extra parking in order to avoid parking issues in the future.
Be sure to contact me at 828.239.0183 or hrice@hlihotels.com when you return to Asheville. I will be sure that you get a better view from the room that I assign to you!
Thanks again,