“One of the best hotels I have stayed in!”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The staff is so nice and helpful, the hotel is spotless and nicely decorated, the food/drinks at the bistro downstairs are great! The rooms are large and the bathrooms have lots of counter space. The shower is awesome! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown

998 - 1,004 of 1,569 reviews

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of spending 3 nights at Hotel Indigo. Service at the front desk was efficient and friendly, and I enjoyed the stylish and modern aesthetic if the lobby. My room on the 8th floor had a beautiful view of the mountains. The room itself was decorated in a modern style, with unique features throughout. My favorite part of the room was the bathroom, which featured a huge glass-doored shower and Aveda rosemary mint products. I just felt good in the room; it had a great flow to it, felt spacious, and smelled like a spa. Free wifi made working on the go a breeze. Each morning and evening I enjoyed coffee and tea from the Keurig machine in the room. I appreciated the in-room recycling container and carafe provided to get ice-cold water from the vending area instead of using plastic water bottles. The bed was not especially soft and the bedding felt a little subpar, but everything was spotless and I slept very well. A little note from housekeeping staff ("have a great day! :) ) made the service feel personal and put a smile on my face.

In the lobby a small cafe offered breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with live music on several nights. My hummus and tempeh wrap to go was not great - probably an appropriate punishment for not taking the time to enjoy enough of the foodie scene just blocks away. The location of the hotel makes for a pleasant and easy walk to the heart of downtown. Parking was convenient and free in the garage under the hotel.

I highly recommend Hotel Indigo and plan to return on my next visit to Asheville!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We wanted a weekend getaway so we took off to downtown Asheville, while staying at the Indigo. This place is very nice and clean not to mention how great the staff is. The bar downstairs is great and the bartenders are very nice and will make you anything you want, or even make up a new drink for you. The rooms are good with a nice walk in shower, roomy, clean and the beds are great for a comfortable nights sleep. This is a pet freindly hotel so be aware of anyone wanting to stay that doesnt like pets. Just a heads up...... The hotel is close by for a nice walk to the shops and pubs downtown, also lots of shopping near by as well. If your heading up to Asheville enjoy your stay and maybe even check out the Indigo. Or at least stop by for a drink and check it out.

Room Tip: Check into a higher level floor for the nice view.....I believe the even number rooms have the best...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tarheel-2629
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've stayed at the Indigo 3 times now. I love downtown Asheville, and I especially love walking there. The Indigo is a polished and new boutique hotel that has outstanding views, good service, easy access to walk downtown (and especially The Grove Arcade), and a quick on-ramp to I-240 if you need to go out. The hotel is more polished and modernist than cozy, but the value is excellent. I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have returned from a long weekend at the Hotel Indigo Asheville, and everything was perfect. We were having an office retreat and rented a spectacular condo on the 10th floor to meet in, and single rooms for the rest of our staff. This was a great set up and if you are looking for a place for a getaway or retreat, this is a great choice.
This is a great "boutique" type hoteL: modern, every so slightly funky. The rooms were well appointed and clean. The house keeping staff was about the friendliest and most accommodating that I have every seen. The locations is great for walking access to everything in downtown Asheville and the views of the mountains were spectacular.
A special shout out to Jamie in the restaurant who provided our group with great service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My best friend was turning 30 and wanted a destination party. We choose Asheville and Hotel Indigo as our place to stay. They were so helpful and amazing to work with. We had two girls coming as a surprise and the staff helped me pull off the surprise without a hitch!! They even sent up champagne to help us celebrate the birthday girl!! I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone! Great location and great staff!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank psarahVT
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I'm from Colombia and I went there with my family, we got a double queen room. My father wasn't expecting a whole lot from the hotel or the city itself, but i can say he was blown away by the quality of the service we got and also by the city.
Rooms are clean and spacious, with a very big bathroom, and a pretty nice shower. Breakfast has multiple choices and they are all pretty nice. The concierge (her name is kathleen) was always there to help and provide accurate suggestions. Also in its favor is that it's within walking distance from most local attractions

The city is awesome, it has plenty of good restaurants, lots of art galleries and probably the best bookstore i've ever been in my life (at the grove arcade)

Both the city and the hotel are worth of coming back again (fall should be a wonderful time)

• Stayed: January 2013