“Home away from home”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed a couple of days at this wonderful hotel back in September for two nights. My stay could not have been better. From Barbara, the GM, to Jamie, the breakfast host, EVERYONE at this property go above and beyond to guarantee 100% satisfaction. Great location with breathtaking views of Asheville. I highly recommend this Hotel !!!

Room Tip: Are you a Priority club member? Ask for an upgrade to one of the newly renovated suites. AMAZING
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Wonderful property, located downtown a close walk to everything. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was out of this world. 12th floor corner penthouse suite with fireplace, balcony overlooking city and a tremendous view of the Grove Park Inn. The staff was very friendly, the muffins and coffee fresh. We will return to this property for our next trip to Asheville.

Thank you, we enjoyed our stay..

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bjluther52
AVL-Indigo-AGM, Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Bjluther52,
Thanks so much for your review. I hope that your suite helped to make your weekend even more romantic. Please let me know if we can do anything to make your next visit special, as well! I am looking forward to your next visit, and the chance to serve you again.
Thanks!
Henry Rice, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Let me preface this review by stating I'm a priority club platinum ambassador member and I'm used to receiving small upgrades and drink coupons. However, Jamie and the staff at HI Asheville went above and beyond! The trip was a 10 year anniversary getaway. We were upgraded to a gorgeous condo with patio overlooking Asheville and lush accommodations. We were greeted by champagne, strawberries, and flowers. I've stayed at several intercontinental which are usually not only five star in service but also in price. I would rate this hotel above those! It was 2 miles from the Biltmore and If I had it to do over I would have stayed at HI Asheville an additional night and skipped the stay at the Inn. The food and drinks at the bar were great along with the bartender in which I can't remember her name. We were even provided cough drops at request upon checkout so we could avoid a stop at a drug store. I'm already looking forward to my return trip and I'm still in awe at the level of service, cleanliness, and modern lush accommodations we were provided! If there was a 6th star I would award it! Keep up the great work!
God bless!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Our room was DIRTY. And we stayed in the PENTHOUSE KING EXECUTIVE SUITE. I was shocked to see the amount of dust on furniture and debris on the carpet. Also, I really expected the kitchen area to have more than 3 coffee K-cups and 2 mugs. The hotel was "pretty" but lacked basic cleaning and simple conveniences like coffee and creamer packets.

Again, we stayed in the PENTHOUSE KING EXECUTIVE SUITE. I told the nice lady at the front desk the room smelled of natural gas possibly leaking from the fireplace; however, she didn't seem very concerned.

More cons: Overcharged $50 for room. Lukewarm shower. DUST. DUST. AND MORE DUST. Very loud; police, fire engines, freeway traffic. Mattress was harder than a park bench.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Ken A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Ken A,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. For that reason, the comments regarding poor housekeeping are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Indigo is at a convenient location in downtown Asheville. It is also close to Rt. 240 - a convenience for moving around the area. The hotel is nicely decorated and clean. The staff are friendly and willing to go out of their way for your comfort. Great stop! I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Lee-Ann C,
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. I will be sharing your thoughts with our staff, as well. I hope that we can make your next visit just as wonderful as this one. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do to make your next Asheville experience even better!
Thanks,
Henry Rice, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Loved this hotel. Very modern and fun with great decor. Food was great for us and we really loved the breakfast. Room was great too. Parking set up was odd but we always found a spot in the designated parking. Will stay here for sure again. Even though hotel was a bit on the fringe of busy nightlife streets downtown, it was a super easy walk. Go to the Basilica of St Lawrence right down the street from the hotel - its really beautiful.

Close to the hotel is the visitors info bureau and well worth the time to stop there to find out the many things to do in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Indigo for our anniversary weekend. The hotel is very pretty and decorated in a contemporary style with very bright colors When we arrived at 5 pm our room was not ready yet, but they offered us a drink at the bar while we waited. They did upgrade our room to an upper level suite due to the delay. We had very beautiful panoramic view and our room and bathroom were really pretty. There were only two drawbacks one which was they have a parking garage that has very tight turns on the off and on ramps which my husband scratched his rim when leaving the garage.The garage also fills up and sometimes we had to park across the street. The other little issue was that when we tried to call to the front desk the phone always had a busy signal.I noted this issue about phones not working in other reviews. All in all, I would stay in the Indigo again because the hotel was very pretty, loved the view and location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple