“The bar had awesome food and drinks and the room shower was the best!!”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The bartender Marc was super. The drinks were unique and delicious. The culinary team created scrumptious appetizers. The room had a great view and the shower was heavenly! Overall the experience was superb.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank B4connie
AVL-Indigo-AGM, Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I am happy that you had such a great experience! Marc is one of the best! He is a wonderful part of our Indigo family, and our bistro is something in which we take great pride. Come back and join us any time!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel is wonderfully close to everything in downtown Asheville. The bar and restaurant have nothing to boast about. Service was slow and the food was mediocre. The lobby ambiance is trendy, and the rooms are clean. The sleek decor means that sounds are not muffled, so the place tends to be a bit noisy. Although I do not plan to stay there again, I can see how others would like it, especially if they take advantage of the myriad number of bars and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
AVL-Indigo-AGM, Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We use all of the feedback that we receive to improve our service and amenities. I see that you stayed with us last October. Since that time, we have made several changes to our service including a renovation to add suites. We have a new Food and Beverage manager and our menus, which renew seasonally, have changed twice! We have even implemented structural renovations to reduce noise.
The next time you are in the area, feel free to stop by to see the changes that we have made. We would love to have another opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This seems to be the newest hotel in downtown Asheville. I had never stayed at an Indigo property before and my take was that it is a cheaper version of a W hotel. It was very modern and stylish. It's a few blocks away from the heart of downtown but a short walk. The service was very good as the staff worked hard to please and they were very friendly. However at $200/night it seemed overpriced.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank OC_Adventurer

Thank you for your time and your review! I am glad that you had a great stay with us. If you are unfamiliar with the brand, be sure to check out our other Indigos! Each one reflects the neighborhood where it is located, and no two are the same. If you want a hotel that is unique to the area, but maintains the high standards of the IHG family of hotels, try our other properties, too!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I really liked my stay at this hotel. The room was large, clean, well designed with a really nice bathroom. I'm not a huge fan of the raised sink concept which this bathroom had but the shower was so roomy that this peeve was promptly ignored :)

GREAT beds..Keurig coffee machine in the room. The staff were really pleasant and when we arrived on Friday night at 11pm, I was happily surprised that we had no problem getting a bottle of wine and glasses from the bar/bistro downstairs.

Location was prime..we were able to walk to Bouchon which is a french bistro in the down town area on Saturday night with no difficulty and we felt safe doing so.

Its a little pricey given the kitchen closes at 10pm and there is no room service after that point but the location and ambience and included parking makes up for this in my opinion. Our room was on the 3rd floor (311) facing the city side street so we didn't have a view of the mountains but we also didn't have any issues with noise.

And yes..I would most definitely stay here again but I'd try and get a room on a higher floor facing the same way.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor and ask which side your room is on. Get a room facing the city (not highway) side...
1  Thank kevinlynch3

What a wonderful review. I am happy that you had such a pleasant stay! I am a huge fan of Bouchon myself, and if you like mussels, be sure to stop by on Monday night when they have an all-you-can eat special! 
Please give us a call when you are returning and we will be glad to handpick a very special room for you! Thanks so much for your review!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed Sunday - Friday. THE GOOD: The hotel is easy to access and within a half-mile walking distance of many restaurants and attractions. We are Priority Club members and were upgraded to Room 915, which was "a little larger" and had more windows and great views of the mountains. The room was clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The Keurig Coffee Maker was the first time I ever actually enjoyed in-room coffee. The staff was very friendly, and we had even received an advance call from the concierge a week before our arrival. The lobby/bar/restaurant was small, but nice, and several evenings they had solo musical entertainment, which was nice. THE BAD: Yes, the shower was huge, but the water saver shower head ruined any luxury to be had. I often wonder "Do they really save any water when it takes me three times as long to rinse off the soap?" In addition, with such a huge shower and bathroom, can I have a few towel holders and soap caddies? I mean, you want me to re-use my towels by hanging them up, but where?? Also, the luxury of the keurig was negated by the measly sugar and powdered creamer provided. Powdered creamer? Gag. How about a few of those little individual International Creamers? If I had an in-room fridge, I could have bought a bottle of milk, but with all the space in my room, I guess a fridge ruins the hip decor. Come on man. I would also note we could hear traffic noise on floor 9, and I wondered how it translated if you were closer to ground level. THE UGLY: I had read previous reviews that the hotel became a party spot on the weekends. Well, Thursday is the new Friday. We were leaving Friday morning, so we made it an early night Thursday. Not so some new tenants. They were going out when we returned at 10 p.m. At 3 a.m. they very noisily awoke me and my husband. There must have been several rooms in their party, as they proceeded to slam doors, yell down the hallway, and have loud conversations as they roamed from room to room. This went on for an hour and a half. At 4:30, my husband said,
"We can listen to these [--] for another hour, or just get up and go." Which we did.

2  Thank DoILookRed

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and apologize for the disturbances that you experienced prior to your departure. I am not sure whether you reported this to the security guard or night manager on duty, but would appreciate any additional information that you would like to provide to me. You can contact me at hrice@hlihotels.com or by calling the hotel directly at 828.239.0239.

We take all feedback from our guests seriously and you make several good points in your review. We are in the process of upgrading many of our amenities including refrigerators, safes better condiments and noise solutions. It is through communication from our guests that we can identify and address many of the issues that you refer to. Thank you again for your time and thoughts! We hope that you will consider us when you return to Asheville. We would love to have you back!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel is exceptionally clean, rooms are modern, stylish, and comfortable. Very conveniently located to walk around downtown Asheville for dining, culture, shopping. Comfortable mattress and bed linens (important to us!), and nice shower/ water pressure. I really liked that one of the windows was operable, since I like to sleep with fresh air. A purified water dispenser near the ice machine is a nice touch. Free wireless Internet throughout the hotel, and free parking brought the high cost of the room down to a reasonable rate for such a high quality place.

For the price of our room, a few basic amenities are needed. In-room coffee is a pod-type machine, which is fine, but comes only with powdered non-dairy creamer. Yuk! For this reason I usually travel with my own coffee cream, but there was no in-room refrigerator to store it. I got dressed and went down to the lobby in search of better fare, but there was no hot beverage center set up for hotel guests. I was able, however, to BUY 2 coffees in the hotel's cafe for a little under $10 with tip.

Because the staff was uniformly pleasant and helpful, I give this hotel 5 stars but recommend the owners consider providing better morning coffee options and a mini-fridge. Oh, and sound-control is desperately needed, the walls between rooms seemed to be fine. Because the room floors are hardwood (nice!) there is quite a gap at the bottom of the door between the room and the carpeted hallway. Sound-deadening "weatherstripping" at the room doors would help a lot with noise coming in from the hallway!

But, if none of these minor annoyances bother you, I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room on the 9th floor overlooked town, the roof of the AT&T building and it's parking lo...
1  Thank G W

Thank you for a great and thorough review. Your feedback is very valuable to our service. I agree that the condiments need to be upgraded, and we are currently looking at other options. Many of our rooms will also be upgraded to include refrigerators and in-room safes. About half of our doors have been modified to reduce the sound and the rest will soon follow.

I am delighted that you liked your stay and hope that you will return. Please contact me at hrice@hlihotels.com when you return so that I can assign you one of our best rooms with a better view this time!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I loved this hotel. The rooms have a very zen like quality about them. We had a room on the highway side of the building. Which was not loud at all surprisingly and it had the best views. I could see the Grove Park when I looked right and the beautiful Smoke Mountains to my left. I watched the sun set over the mountains the first night. It was fabulious.
Maybe they could add a roof top terrace to sit and enjoy the views!!
There was a great bar in the main floor, prices were fair and the drinks were good. They also have a small eatery there as well. I only ate breakfast there which was good. They did have some yummy looking chocolate cake in the window but I didn't try any. The people at the front desk were very helpful and had good ideas for stuff to do in Asheville. A lot of Asheville is within walking distance of the hotel. Which was perfect!
Highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the highway side for the best views and if you keep your window shut you will not h...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for your terrific review! We love it when our guests have such a wonderful experience! We just opened our Penthouse Suites, many of which have private terraces that you can enjoy while you are here. If you come back this way, be sure to give me a call to check the availability of the suites.