“Nice stay”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Comfortable and stylish. The rooms are large and attractive, bed comfortable. They allow dogs but charged me $50 extra for my little 4 lb. Yorkie, oh well. Avoid the restaurant, overpriced and average. STILL... great hotel. Nice to be parked in downtown Asheville.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
IndigoInKeeperAVL, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear you were dissapointed by our bistro food. We generally get raving reviews about the homecooked, locally sourced, small plate gourmet food. Please contact me at the hotel directly, so I may get more details about your experience. Again, thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Indigo in Asheville. It is located within walking distance of downtown. Our king-size room was beautifully furnished, and the bathroom was amazing. The bed was comfortable and the linens very nice. The room was spotlessly clean. The secure parking was a plus. There was live music in the lobby during the evening. We did not eat in the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your sharing your experience with your fellow travelers. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2011

The Hotel Indigo seemed to be trying so hard to be hip and modern that they forgot about good customer service. We had an unnecessarily awful time with check-in. The staff seemed completely incompetent and with a little better communication to us could have alleviated our angst. However, in the end they did comp our first night so can't complain too much. The hotel is beautiful in a modern/retro sort of way, with large rooms and comfortable beds. And they really do leave your towels hanging without changing them if you request that (so many other hotels only give lip service). The restaurant served a very nice breakfast (the home-made granola was awesome!). As others mentioned the parking is free (though a tight spot) and the hotel is quite convenient to downtown. Except for the trouble at check-in, and having to change rooms on the second day because of their mistakes, the rest of our stay was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for your frustrating check-in experience. We are so sorry you had to go through this. We have retrained the agents invovled on how to better handle a situations like yours. Thank you again for your feedback.
Warm reagrds,

Reviewed June 22, 2011

I adored Hotel Indigo! It was basically the perfect hotel! Here are all the fabulous things:

- Free parking in gated garage on site
- Very nice, helpful staff at check-in (Starburst candy at check-in too)
- Within walking distance of downtown Asheville's shops and restaurants
- My room (believe it was room 801) had two windows with wonderful views of the mountains
- Stylish modern furnishings
- Very clean, new
- HUGE and luxurious tiled shower
- Nice selection of TV channels and flatscreen TV
- Free wireless internet
- A ton of green, eco-conscious aspects of the building so you minimize carbon footprint during your stay. But none of them affected the comfort of my stay. Fantastic.
- Small window you can open to get fresh air in room if you want

As you can see in the photos, the room has a suite feeling with a separate foyer area that has a metallic beaded screen. There were modern mural walls in the room - which could bother certain people's taste but just felt cool and hip to me.

I loved this hotel. Ask for a room high up, so you get great views!

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up as possible, great views
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your great review! We're happy you loved staying with us- this is so important to the entire team. We love happy guests!

Reviewed June 21, 2011

From the moment I stepped into the hotel I was taken away by the beauty and splendor. This place is one of the few that actually lives up to its impression from the online pictures (and then some). From the beautiful room with hardwood floors, insanely comfortable bed, beautiful room decor, spaciousness, and a view fit for royalty, I cannot even begin to give this place justice. I believe the highlight of my trip was waking up and look out of the huge picture window in front of my king size bed to see one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen in my life. The staff was exceedingly helpful with mutiple sggestions for dinner and breakfast. It is within walking distance of ANYTHING you'd want to do in Downtown Asheville (didn't actually drive my car until after check out). I will definitely recommend this hotel to all of my friends, and given the opportunitiy will definitely stay here again!

1  Thank wcrain1

Thank you for this great review! We are happy you enjoyed our fabulous views of the mountains all around the hotel.

Reviewed June 17, 2011

My fiance and I stayed here for two nights in June and we really enjoyed our stay! We were given a corner room on the 7th floor and had very pretty views of the City and mountains. The staff was very nice, calling our room about an hour after we arrived to see if there is anything that we needed. Room was very clean, comfortable & stylish. Very convenient parking as well (at no additional cost). Hotel is located in downtown within walking distance to dozens of great places to eat & shop. I think we received a lot of value for the price of our room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!! We will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor for a better view
1  Thank ShannonAileen
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on a recent weekend in Asheville. Great hotel, every staff member that we interacted with was top notch, highly professional and courteous. The hotel is gorgeous, with a modern decor throughout. Spotless rooms, super comfortable bed and pillows. The hotel has a very cool restaurant/bar in the lobby which we visited for breakfast and for a drink at the bar at night (although they close at 10pm).
Great location, walkable to everything in downtown Asheville. Free parking, free WiFi.
Asheville is a great place to visit and this hotel made our stay all the better.