“Concierge service was excellent!”

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Asheville, North Carolina
“Concierge service was excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

The hotel has a good location that allows you to walk to much of the downtown shopping and restaurants. However, the highlight of our hotel stay was the service from the concierge - Jamie. She actually called me tha day before we arrived to see if she could help us with anything. En route to the hotel I called her to tell her I was taking my wife on a secret romatnic getaway and wanted some recommendations for lunches and dinners. When we arrived 2 hours later she had typed up a listing of various restaurants with food type, atmosphere, etc. that was in my check in packet with my keys. In the room she had a complimentary bottle of champagne on ice for us with a handwritten note. First class!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank happy2112
InspirationConcierge, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your romantic getaway! Thank you so much for your fantastic review, I hope that we see you again, It would be my absolute pleasure to offer any assistance I can during your next stay with us.

Inspiration Ambassador & Concierge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
miami, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

Every chance I get I book this property. We loved this hotel. It is funky, trendy and classy.
We got terrific service, enjoyed meeting others who traveled with their dogs, and totally enjoyed the close proximity to downtown Asheville, North Carolina.

The bartender was sweet and smart, the rooms elegant and modern and we loved all the natural light that flowed through the room. The beds here were so comfortable. The interstate was right out the door and we found our way around quite easily.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better; view less noise
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
AVL-Indigo-AGM, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Thank you for your glowing review! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing Buddha Bear, you, and your husband again very soon!
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

My daughter and I came to Asheville for her spring break vacation. We wanted to stay in the downtown area. The Hotel Indigo was located right off the expressway in the downtown area of Asheville. Our dog Harry Winston joined us on this trip. Harry was treated like a top dogl! There were dog treats at the front desk from the local dog bakery "Three Dog Bakery", which was in walking distance from the hotel.

The best part was the bartender at night, Dan! Dan, was kind enough to give my dog a small bowl of shredded cheese to add to his food every night. Harry is a picky eater. Dan has three dogs of his own and understood. Thanks Dan! You are the best!!

Upsides:
The hotels staff is outstanding. The front desk and the housekeeping staff were friendly and accommodating. The beds are really comfortable and the rooms are well decorated. Perfect location. It was great not to drive (especially with gas prices raising) and walk around this vibrant city. The underground parking is free. You are walking distance to many great restaurants, shops and venues.

Downsides:
The only thing I would do differently is request a room facing Haywood Street. Our room was facing the highway and it was a little noisy at night. The air conditioning was a little loud when it turned on and off.

At first glance our room looked very clean but, upon leaving I checked under the bed to look for anything left behind and found broken glass under the bed skirt! Not good.

Also the shower is really large and beautifully designed but, the bathroom doesn't have a fan so mold is starting to develop on the tile bench in the shower.

With all of this said, I would stay here again. The staff was quick to deal with the few issues that I did have, which made our stay even more enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
InspirationConcierge, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2011
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you and your daughter enjoyed spring break with us. The next time you plan on coming in the area, contact us directly with your requests (city view) and we will make sure we take care of you! We appreciate and value your feedback.

Best Wishes,
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Indigo for only one night. We were in town for a concert and Hotel Indigo looked like a great value. We weren't disappointed. The hotel is fun and had a relaxed, but hip atmosphere. It was within walking distance to anywhere you would want to go in downtown Asheville. Lots of great bars, restaurants, and shops were within a few blocks of the hotel. The bar served up great cocktails and the staff seemed fun and friendly. The shower is the size of most hotel's entire bathroom! The room was simple, but well-appointed. We had a great time and it was perfect for a "couples get-away." I only wish we could have stayed another night. I immediately tried to book another weekend in August and was disappointed that the rates were more than double what we paid. I guess timing is everything.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words! We would love to have you stay with us again and hope you have the opportunity soon in the future.

Inspiration Ambassador.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

Spent Friday and Saturday night here. Checked out on 5/01/11. Rate was nearly $300/night.

The location is perfect. Right in the mix of everything downtown. $4 cab ride to dinner. The room was clean and the view was nice. For $100/night it would have been awesome. For $300/night it was a complete rip. The problems I had were:

Louvered doors to the bathroom? Come on. In a room this size I could have whispered to my girlfriend who was sitting on the bed while I was on the toilet and she could have heard me. So, I went to the lobby to use the bathroom and it was filthy and there was a single roll of toilet paper with around 10 sheets left. The sink was a mess; I've seen better at an Embassy Suites. She also went to the lobby the next night to use the bathroom and the ladies room was completely out of TP so she used a toilet seat cover to clean herself. I am not embellishing one bit.

There are no refrigerators in the rooms (or at least the one I had).

Overall the hotel was nice but so is a Marriott. I would never advise staying here at the rates that they charge. The Grand Bohemian was only $50 more a night and completely blows this place out of the water.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wcu80
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not enjoy our unique hotel. Our standard is to have all areas of our hotel immaculately clean and polished; it is disappointing that this was not your experience. If there is anything we can do to alleviate your displeasure, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Amherst, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

Once we parked the motorcycle in the underground well-lighted garage, we enjoyed short walks to Asheville Brewing, The Bier Garden, Jack of the Wood, and Tupelo Honey Cafe. The entrance to the Biltmore Estate is just a 10 minute drive. Our room was spotless and the shower cavernous. Water coolers on several floors provide a means to fill the carafe inside the entrance to your room. Fresh brewed coffee from the Keurig coffee maker was infinitely better than what one would find in most motels. We did not visit the restaurant or bar, but under different circumstances it would be nice to have them at your fingertips. There are dozens of galleries and shops within several blocks of Hotel Indigo, along with many more eateries than what I've listed.

Room Tip: City side has less interstate noise.
1 Thank andygcc87
Thank you for your gracious review. Asheville truly is a gem in the mountains with all of the great local restaurants and shops within short reach. We hope to see you again soon!

Inspiration Ambassador.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

The front desk staff Mike and Megan did an amazing job in making my and my wife's 1st anniversary extra special. I happened to have work Monday and Tuesday in town. My wife and I decided to make a long weekend for our 1st anniversary. Upon check in I mentioned that fact not expecting anything. When we arrived in our room we were pleasantly surprised with a personalized note from Mike and Megan as well as a little gift from them. I can't tell you how much that made our day (and stay). Even without that gesture, the level of service and accommodations were outstanding.

The hotel is in a prime location for walking downtown or hoping on 240 to head out to the surrounding mountain activities.

This has been by far the best hotel stay I've had in a long, long time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bakerbreen
Thank you for your kind review. We are honored to be part of your Anniversary memory. Mike and Meagan are terrific employees who always strive to inspire guests. We look forward to seeing you again, perhaps the Hotel indigo-Asheville Downtown will become an Anniversary Tradition.