“Lovely place to spend an hour or a day.”

The North Carolina Arboretum
Ranked #3 of 194 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Nestled in the Southern Appalachian Mountains just south of Asheville, The North Carolina Arboretum offers acres of cultivated gardens and groomed trails featuring some of the most beautiful, botanically-diverse plants in the region.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My kids love going to the Arboretum's summer camps. They have the perfect combination of learning and fun. Staff is friendly, patient, and knowledgeable.
As a family we especially enjoy the Bonsai Gardens and hunting for lizards on the rocks. I highly recommend a visit to the Arboretum when you need a break from the sites and sounds of Asheville proper!

There are newer reviews for The North Carolina Arboretum

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The gardens are beautiful but attending their exhibits or classes can be a bit pricy even with annual membership. Great hiking trails ... fall and spring offer the best viewing of diverse flora ... happy hiking yaw all ...

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Excellent staff from the parking entry to the Visitor Center. Absolutely beautiful. Only problem was we wished we would have arrived earlier so the walk would have been cooler but that's our fault not the facility's. Plan on a few hours or plan to visit more than once. This place has it all!

Eight bucks to park; that was it.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I love the Arboretum and have family membership.I used to visit everyday but honestly because I have been made feel "less than welcome" by two of the male gate staff I wont give it a five out of five. I work in the service industry and realize the importance of customer relations, believe me I do
If the food at a restaurant is excellent it matters very little if the staff are rude! I am not a complainer but I only go to the Arboretum as a last choice ........sorry

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We visited on a warm July morning. Partial cloud cover helped me get some good photos of plants, garden features and sculptures. Everything was in bloom and looking beautiful!