“Nice Rooms, Great Breakfast, Fun For Kids”
Review of Brookstone Lodge

Brookstone Lodge
Ranked #39 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed July 5, 2009

My wife and I took our 4 grandkids(Ages 3-6) and our daughter for a weekend getaway. I thought it would be hard to get us all in one room, but the manager set us up with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa and gave us a very good rate for a holiday weekend. Room was good size and was very clean. Nice size bathroom and there was a mini fridge and microwave and coffee maker which was nice for eating a meal in room or snacking for kids. Free breakfast was great, they had eggs, grits, sausage, waffles, biscuits, etc. . Staff was friendly, pool was small but nice. Fun Depot was short walk from lodge and was great for kids and adults. Go karts (indoor and outdoor), arcade, batting cages, rock climbing wall and mini golf and a great price. We also were only a 30 to 40 minute drive to Lake Lure. Lodge location was easy on/off from I-40. 10 minutes to downtown Asheville.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
tyler0831, general manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2009

I am glad your stay at our hotel was a pleasant one and i am glad to see you enjoyed the Fun Depot . We look foward to having you stay with us again,thanks,Matthew

Reviewed July 5, 2009

This was our family vacation and we had been on the road for 2 weeks and stayed at some of the other BIG brand hotels. We stayed 2 nights July 1 and 2. But, this hotel was just PERFECT. I can not believe what we got for the price, from the service, breakfast and the amenities. The staff was very friendly, good hot and cold breakfast, good coffee, free internet was perfect and an inside pool area. The rooms were large with large bathroom. We had two queen beds and a flat screen TV on the wall. The bedding was so luxury, 250 thread count bed sheets in a light cream color (no boring white sheets), down duvets and luxury pillows. I loved the bedding so much I asked were I could buy for my own home. The best sleep since being on the road for two weeks. The location perfect as well, off I 40 interstate and only one exit up to the attractions (Biltmore Estate, down town), restaurants, mall and other shopping. The location of the hotel is perfect because you want had to be in all the crazy traffic. You just drive one exit up and one exit back to the hotel. The hotel location do not have restaurant on this exit, but the area is quite and very short drive like I said to attractions, food and shopping.

I do not understand why one would write a bad review for this BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN, NEW hotel. It has everything you want in a hotel.

Our family will be back and HIGHLY recommend this EXCELLENT hotel.
I wish the hotel website had a place for me to write a review, because I would.

Management please keep up the EXCELLENT work. And one more thing, this is the first time I have every wrote a hotel review and I travel very frequently.

Very Satisfied visitor from Florida

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Eleanor90

Thank you very much for your postive review of our hotel,I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you staying with us again,thanks,Matthew

Reviewed June 30, 2009

We stayed at Brookstone Lodge 3 times within a 3 week span. Each time the room was immaculate and the staff very friendly. I really can't imagine what another reviewer wrote about it being 15 minutes from downtown. We went downtown each time and found it to be about 5 minutes away. We thought the proximity to town was great. Even though the hotel is right off of the interstate we did not hear any of the traffic. We will stay here again and again!

1  Thank lexingtongal
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My wife and I spent three nights here in a King Suite with wireless internet, a two person whirlpool tub, mini fridge and microwave. We have nothing but praise for this hotel. It's a beautiful, brand new facility and is just off the expressway, one exit away from the Biltmore, about a 5 minute drive and Downtown Asheville is only 7 or 8 minutes away. Our room was spacious with a large flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed. The hot breakfast each morning was more than expected with hot sausages, eggs, sawmill gravy and fantastic waffles. The staff was always friendly and helpful, especially Roger. There's plenty of parking with several parking spaces covered. Travelers with kids might want to check out Asheville's Fun Depot on the hill behind the hotel (www.ashevillesfundepot.com). Another tip I have to add, moms might want to call about the very affordable spa services at Privai Academy (www.privaiacademy.com) just behind the hotel while dad and the kids are at the Fun Depot. If you're going to Asheville and want an great, affordable place to stay, check out the Brookstone Lodge

1  Thank dennruth
tyler0831, general manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2009

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate the positive comments . We look forward to you coming back and staying with us again.thanks,Matthew

Reviewed June 26, 2009

Brand new hotel close to everything. No restaurant on-site. Breakfast buffet was great: scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy, cereals, waffles, bagels, coffee, juices. Free newspaper. Computer in lobby for guests.

We got the king bed with jacuzzi in room. Very nice and romantic - worth the extra money. The jacuzzi is large enough to sit next to each other. Bathroom typical, with large nice shower and good-running hot water.

Hotel is smoke free, friendly staff, clean. Pretty much what you'd expect from a nice, moderately priced hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the input on our hotel,I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Brookstone Lodge and we look forward to you coming again,thanks,Matthew

Reviewed June 25, 2009

When we were planning our trip to Asheville, NC, I spent a lot of time researching places to stay in Asheville without spending a fortune. When I came across the Brookstone, I should have remembered, "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is." First, the website is very misleading. There is nothing near the hotel. They say about 5 minutes to downtown, but I don't know what they're driving, but in my car, it took about 15 minutes in light traffic. They show a lovely cityscape of Asheville on their website, but all you can see around you is a area that has been scalped and is some sort of industrial area. Google the address, and you'll see what I mean. When we googled the area and saw that spot, we assumed it was an old image. The hotel is relatively new, and we thought this was just an area they hadn't landscaped yet. Nope! It's really like that.

OK, so we just wouldn't look outside and our drive to town would take longer than we wanted. We were tired from our drive from Raleigh and we decided to just relax in our room. The first thing we noticed was the awful smell. The place reeked of varnish and new paint and carpeting. A new place can be great, but not smelling like that. It went beyond smelling "new" to an overpowering odor that left us lightheaded. But again, we were tired, and decided before complaining we'd just watch some television and decompress. This was also a problem. Their "new flatscreen tv's" were improperly set up and the picture was awful and did not get even half of the channels they listed in their literature. The wireless internet in the room was sporadic and we had a difficult time looking up restaurants for dinner. The decor was a little nicer than you might find at some low price chains, but it was nothing special.

We finally just decided to call off and go home. When we checked out, no one seemed to care that customers were leaving. Had the manager come to talk to us, perhaps to explain that it was really too early for them to be opened, we might have considered looking at the Brookstone again. As it is, we will never go back.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
tyler0831, manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2009

I apologize for your experience at Brookstone Lodge.I
will address each area that you have mentioned and do all i can to make every stay at the Brookstone Lodge a pleasant one thanks,Matthew

Reviewed June 3, 2009

off the crowded tourist strip..but convenient to highway, nice, new,comfortable room with flat screen tv on the wall so it doesn't take up valuable space...Hair dryer could be more powerful. Typical hot breakfast included but their waffles were the best we've had at any other hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
tyler0831, Matthew Mclean general manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2009

Thank you for your review and i am glad you enjoyed your stay at Brookstone Lodge ,Matthew