“2nd Stay, 2nd Review, Still consistent”
Review of Brookstone Lodge

Brookstone Lodge
Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Boston, Massachusetts
“2nd Stay, 2nd Review, Still consistent”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I reviewed the Brookstone Lodge 3 yrs ago on a first visit to Asheville. We were back visiting family this past weekend. It is conveniently located close to our family.
Everything was as consistent as it was the last time. Quaint and clean accommodations, friendly staff, and accessible to all things Asheville.

One thing I absolutely loved and have never seen at any hotel before. A makeup towel in the bathroom! It was a blue towel with Make-Up embroidered into it. Whenever I stay somewhere I always feel guilty about dirtying the face cloth with makeup removal! This was a nice touch.

My only recommendation would be with the breakfast - More healthy options. I wanted a bowl of cereal, but noticed 3 of the 4 options were sugary cereals. Also the cereal wasn't labeled, so I had to pour a little bit of each into my bowl to determine whether it was Special K or Frosted Flakes (it was the latter). Also, more fruit selections would be helpful. I'm not a health nut by any stretch of the imagination, but we were going to be having a large lunch, so I just wanted a little something to start the day.

We will be back next time we are visiting family again.

Room Tip: Choose room on the parking lot side of the building. Some noise coming from the street side. Also...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AmyBeck49
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your continued loyalty! The make-up towel is a new idea and is being well received. Thanks for the breakfast suggestions. You have some good ideas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The entire hotel appeared to have been recently renovated. My room was large and well furnished, the lobby looked inviting and the staff was friendly. The price seemed a bit high, but considering most hotels in and around Asheville are higher, I suppose it was about average. No complaints about the included breakfast - it was about average for this type of hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel is very close to the I-40 exit, but quiet, and you don't see the highway from the hotel. G...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rich S
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are only in our 4th year so we have not had any renovations yet. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel.
Brasstown, North Carolina
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room through the desk late in the evening because my husband was brought to Asheville by ambulance and I was stuck on a Friday night! They arranged a wheelchair accessible room and gave me a fabulous rate. What nice people! I arrived to find a really great room, very easy accessiblity, comfortable, and nice folks. Excellent breakfast, eggs were piping hot and nicely cooked. I'll certainly call again if I plan to be in Asheville again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank GrannyOakley
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
we are glad we were able to accommodate you and thank you for the kind words.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We could not be more pleased with our recent stay at the Brookstone Lodge. Warm and inviting lobby with smiling faces, helpful and friendly staff.

I think one reviewer mentioned the carpet was outdated and the place was not fancy. No, it’s not an Aspen resort, but it's fine with a ‘lodge’ style.
Honestly, this was a simple hotel but not old or outdated or worn out. We changed travel plans and had a non-refundable room at a Hampton the first part of our trip, but had to find somewhere else for the second part and they had a great rate and the reviews looked safe.

We checked in and felt like we had a giant room after our (also positive) stay at the previous hotel. Good size, COLD fridge, microwave, coffee maker and supplies, drawers & cabinets for food as well as counter space for ‘cooking.’ The AC/Heater was in the wall under the window which may seem old fashioned but the temperature was never uncomfortable. And we did use both heat and air during our stay.

The flat screen TV was mounted high on the wall which left space on the desk as well as the dresser (with 3 deep, roomy drawers). We also had a chair, loveseat and coffee table in our double queen room. Again, compared to our previous accommodations, the closet seemed enormous and FULL of hangers, complete with iron. The view was of the roadway and the hill beyond (actually the back of the hotel).

Bathroom had good sized counter space (from wall to wall-good for pushing all your toiletries to the side) and wall mounted dispensers for shampoo (can’t remember the brand) and bath wash (Dial, spring water fresh, I believe) as well as a hair dryer. Biggest complaint I can muster is that you had to hold the handle on the toilet for a couple of seconds and it was a little loud. But not the scary-sonic-blast-sound I’ve heard in other places.
I think I remember a comment about the shower lacking pressure which DID make me nervous. I’ve had to use an ice bucket to collect water to wash my hair; not something I want to do again. No problems here, though. Great pressure, though you could not adjust the ‘pattern.' Actually worked well for both of us even though we constantly switch the spray pattern back and forth at home. Also, the water stayed in the tub area during the shower!

On the first morning, I stepped out and asked the maid for more towels, she asked for our used ones and offered to bring even more. Like everyone else there, she was always very friendly.
The last night we headed to the indoor pool; it was not heated but not cold. The hot tub was very nice. Control was on the wall, jets were strong and water hot; roomy enough for strangers to enjoy without being uncomfortable.

Breakfast had yogurt, eggs and huge, juicy, thoroughly cooked sausage links, coffee, creamer, muffins, a few cereals, juices, milk, fresh made waffles....trying to think of anything they didn't have! You can see the dining room from the lobby. It’s not tiny but they present such a good spread, they are crowded! They was a meeting room with long tables and chairs open across the hall so once you made your plate there no problem with finding a place to eat.

I just can’t think of anything negative about the place. There is NOTHING wrong here. After being in town at the other hotel, when we left from Brookstone, we missed our turn to Biltmore because we couldn’t believe it was so close! VERY convenient. HIGHLY recommended.

We already know it’s the first place we’ll look for a room the next time we go back.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, #315. Elevator is a little slow, not a big deal though. Vending and ic...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rampart1
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
It was great to read such an awesome review! Thank you for taking the time to share such great things about us. We enjoy all of the feedback and are always looking to stay on top of doing what we do best!
Texas
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here for one evening. It was one of the less expensive hotels in the area for peak season in Asheville. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. I appreciated that they had hot water available in the dining/lobby area for evening tea. They also have a computer with printer available for folks who need to print out airline tickets and so forth, which was also a bonus.

The breakfast was very typical fare for hotels that include a continental breakfast. They had no peanut butter, so I asked - got the "last" packet. Was also surprised at their limited fruit selection.

If you are looking for a decent value, a clean room and a fairly central location, this is certainly a good option.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PrincessNthePea
Thanks for the review. We enjoy the feedback. It helps us to improve our product and service.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My Mom and I just stayed at the brookstone lodge for 3 nights to go to Biltmore. This hotel is easy to find, clean, close to town and Biltmore estate, close to the airport, friendly staff, comfy beds, nice tv, nice breakfast buffet, awesome pool! I have no complaints other than there are no good dining places very close to the hotel. Subway is the closest. Yuck. But the hotel is great for romantic getaways or family fun!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank snowhiteheather
We appreciate all the great feedback. We look forward to seeing you again next trip!
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We booked a room here for one night based on other good reviews after visiting the Biltmore Estates. Our stay was not a disaster but it was not a great either. It was rather disappointing! The first room had a toilet that kept running, no problem, they moved us to another room. This time no TV remote in room, no problem, they moved us again to another room, and this time the room was O.K but appeared to be a little worn. The location is right off the interstate which makes it a great rest stop for travelers. However, good restaurants are about 15 minutes away. The young lady at the front desk had a nice personality and was polite and accommodating. A continental breakfast was included in the price however, they kept running out of coffee and food items. This just should not happen!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BobHollMusic
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry that we fell short of a great expectation for you. It is our goal to present to our guests a spotless hotel in good repair. Keeping the deluxe- continental breakfast stocked is also a priority. We would hope that you would try us again. We would love a second chance to show you what we are really made of!