“Pricey, but it was peak fall foilage time.”
Review of Brookstone Lodge

Brookstone Lodge
Ranked #38 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Pricey, but it was peak fall foilage time.”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We thought this was a nice average place to stay for just traveling through town while traveling up the Blue Ridge parkway. None of the best hotels had rooms left on this short notice. We thought it was a good value given the time of year and for a city the size of Asheville. I would expect the room to be less when it is not peak fall foilage time.

2 Thank DriveMeCrazyinSC
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Truth is, we are less in the "off" months, but even at peak we beat our competition in price, value, and overall satisfaction! Thank you for your comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Manchester, Tennessee
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I work alot of hours and every year I plan a short getaway to Asheville,N.C. and I never stay anywhere but Brookstone Lodge! Southern Hospitality at its finest. I have recomended it to our friends and family... and they always feel the same as me after they have stayed there..I just think its wonderful ...modern,clean,and a great value!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Christy N
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thanks Christy N for your awesome comments! I think we are one of the best overall values in Western North Carolina too! Come see us again!
SE Missouri
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Brookstone Lodge, very lovely rooms and great breakfast, very conveniently located, great price. We were very pleased and will stay here again when in the area.

1 Thank Andreajo
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is always helpful for us to provide the very best overnight accommodations possible to our guests!
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and were very pleased with the oversized room. Microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot in room standard. Nice lobby area with fireplace, good breakfast. Convenient location to downtown Asheville and Biltmore estate (both about 10 minute drive). Friendly staff and very clean room and common areas. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor which was great - nice views and little noise
2 Thank nygal20
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Great to know you will stay again! We are always excited that people notice our efforts to offer such a great value with a friendly, smiling staff to serve you!
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here after we tried to stay at a chain hotel that was booked. We were surprised by how many boxes this place checked off. First of all they have a fantastic convenient location to everything. Next door there is also an adult/family theme park connected by the parking lot. You can get discounted two day passes to Biltmore. I bought my tickets online and their two day passes were cheaper than what I paid for one day for Biltmore. They have a great small convience store for those items you need or forgot to bring. The building is fairly new and is nicely decorated with warm earth tones and pictures of the local nature. Rooms were quiet with ample space to move around and had a refrigerator and pull out couch. Breakfast was good and overflow seating could sit in the conference room. Very clean with lots of towels. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I got a AAA discount and the price was reasonable for the value. There was a full breakfast of eggs, waffles, assorted fruits, sausage, muffins, etc. I highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Tumbleweedsaresweet
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
We appreciate you recommending the hotel to others and are pleased with your comments! We are so glad you enjoyed our Lodge!
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This is a newer property and is located right off the interstate and about 4 miles from downtown Asheville. The beds were extremely comfortable and we loved the fluffy duvet covers. Our room had a desk and comfortable office chair along with a flat screen TV mounted to the wall. The indoor pool temperature was just right and so was the hot tub. There are some lounge chairs just outside the pool if you want to soak up some sun while watching cars fly by. The breakfast buffet was a variety that you would see at most basic hotels: cereal, yogurt, apples, bananas, belgain waffle maker, donuts, muffins, juice, tea, coffee.....nothing out of the ordinary. We did not spend a lot of time here because we were out exploring.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank orangecamel
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thanks so much for your recent review!
Charlotte NC
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Let me start off by saying, I made a reservation in April for October, due to being a travel agent, I'm pretty meticulous in reservation making.So I also called a day before arrival for verification of reservation. I booked a King room with a Whirlpool tub, however when I arrived not only were we in the wrong room, King room(no jacuzzi), it was a handicapped room close to the lobby. Guest Services stated I had no such reservation and all other rooms were sold out. Now we came down for 1 day for a wedding, but wanted to have a romantic time for ourselves as well, no such luck. The room was about 3 doors away from the glass lobby door, so everytime that door opened, our door shook. Previous reviewer was correct, children were running the halls by 7:00 a.m. I woke at 4 and couldnt go back to sleep from door shaking and hall noise. 1st floor is not for light sleepers. The actual room was nice, normal 3 diamond variety, fridge, microwave, flat screen, nice channel selection. The bathroom was clean and tidy, shower fixtures nice. One strange thing, the tile towards the bottom of the floor still had barcodes on it, where it was purchased. Thought that was a little odd. Breakfast was along the lines of a Holiday Inn express, better than most continentals due to having decent eggs and a hot meat. I think I could have enjoyed the Brookstone Lodge more, if I hadnt been so disappointed in the actual room I was given. Although not romantic at all, when I checked out, management acknowledged their error, and comped a weekend stay. Again as an agent, I know things happen, and it is always up to the hotelier to make or break their reputation with guests, this told me they wanted my business, and they were willing to make it right. I appreciate the effort, and look forward to writing a review for next visit.

Room Tip: Do not take a 1st floor room, if you need quiet, your room door shakes when lobby door opens and clo...
1 Thank sparklesjohnson
rrw007, Manager at Brookstone Lodge, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you for the recent review. I apologize that we did not get you in the room type you wanted! But yes, we do want your business and we are willing to go an extra mile to get it. See you next trip!